Trick

For this Halloween Medusa has an evil trick up her sleeve.

Macie covered her mouth, still frozen stiff. It was Medusa. The real Medusa. Everyone at school thought she was nothing but a myth. A fairytale to frighten children so they'd do homework or there chores. But clearly the children had a real reason for it.

Macie growled under her breath. "What's wrong? Aren't you delighted to see someone like me? You were the one who knew who I was after all." Medusa smirked, her yellow teeth infected with dirt and mucus. Macie almost gagged at the sight but she kept her cool. "Never knew you were real. I guess the turning into stone thing is true too."

"You could say that." Medusa chuckled. Macie gulped. "Let her go."

"And why should I?" Macie opened her mouth but she couldn't find a good reason. Even if she tried to call Sam she left her phone back on earth so that was a bust. "She only 7. She didn't do anything wrong?" Macie replied hoping to see at least some good in the snake haired woman. Medusa only laughed in her face. "So what? You think I'm going to let you and her walk away. I haven't had a decent meal in ages."

"Just let us go. Me, Hailey, and James! Try eating some chicken or something." Medusa stared at her right in the eye. Or in the reflection through the pond. Medusa clammed her hands on her mouth and snorted. "Y-You think...that I have...oh god!" Medusa almost fell to the ground laughing like a maniac. Damn that woman is insane.

Macie looked at her with a face that said, 'You've lost your dame mind.' "What're you talking about?"

"Haven't you heard. I don't have the James you speak of." Those words hit Macie like a sword to the gut. She didn't know how nor did she want to know at all, but somehow, that woman tricked her and Hailey. They went in there for nothing. Absolutely nothing!

For the first time in her life, Macie was angry. Even more angry than she was at her parents the other day. "You bitch....YOU BITCH!!!" Macie didn't care if she turned to stone. She didn't care if she died at all. If there was anyone who deserved to die it was Medusa. Closing her eyes shut, Macie lunged at her afraid she will fall on solid ground. But fortunately, lucky agreed with her, and the next thing you know, a human is on top of a living nightmare.

Macie and Medusa struggled in each other's grasp. "Get off of me you puny human!" Medusa yelled. Macie didn't relent at all. She kept punching the woman's face again and again and again. "YOU MONSTER! WAS IT WORTH IT!? HUH?!" Macie screamed as Medusa found her inner strength and pushed her off of her.

Macie landed right next to the Hailey statue. Macie didn't dare to open her eyes. "You really do have a face only a mother could love. I wonder how many people's lives you've taken." Medusa only laughed at her. "Oh you really are a charming card young lady. I wish I didn't have to kill." Macie heard Medusa's foot steps and froze like she did at the pond. "Open your eyes. I don't want you to miss your demi-"

The voice was gone. Macie heard her screaming in the background. She heard her cries of pain and sorrow over something she did not know. Macie also heard something else. Her pleas. Medusa was pleading. Next thing you know, she heard a snap like a neck. Even though she couldn't see it. Macie knew what was there.

She then heard the sound of rough footsteps coming towards her. Macie flinched as a hand grasped her cheek. "Macie?" Immediately, she opened her eyes. It was Sam. Macie didn't waste anytime and hugged him. "Oh Sam! I'm so sorry!

"Hey you don't have to be sorry."

"B-But Hailey sh-she-!"

"Don't worry, Aiden can fixed that." Sam turned to his right while Macie turned to her left and saw Aiden grabbing some water from the pond earlier. He poured the water onto the Hailey statue and slowly, the statue became a 7 year old girl again. Hailey sneezed a bit and shook her head. "Hey, what I miss?" She asked cheerfully as Macie cried with joy. Sam hugged her tighter. "Shhh there there it's okay. Everything's fine. You're fine and Hailey's fine."

"She tricked us. We thought we were saving James-"

"Medusa tends to do that yes. I'm so sorry about that." Sam replied as he picked her up bridal style. "Come on, let's go home."