Who/What I am

This surprised Macie. He told her his parents texted him. "Why did you lie?" She asked as Sam inhaled in shame. "That's where my other reason kicks in. My mother was a human and my father lived on Flawless."

"Flawless?"

"It's where I'm from." Sam explained as Macie nodded. "Okay, so what was the beep in your watch?" Macie asked as Sam looked at it and read 4 minutes and 24 seconds. "It's a timer. It represents how long I can be on Earth. If I stay too long I'll fade away." Macie gasped. "Like, from existence?"

"Yes, like that." Sam replied as Macie reared up again. "W-Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was gonna tell you after the movie, but then...you're parents." Macie realized that he didn't wanna hurt her again with the truth. But he told her anyway. "Thank you for telling me."

"I wish it wasn't true." Sam replied as he fought his own tears. Macie hated to see him cry, so she hugged him by the neck. "It's okay. I understand. I'm not mad at all. I'm just...so disappointed in all of this." Macie couldn't hold her tears anymore as she cried in his shoulder. Sam's tears came down too but his cries were silent.

Suddenly the watch beeped. It read 2 minutes on it. "Macie, I better-"

"Go. Before you fade away." Macie broke out of the embrace as Sam readjust his watch and soon vanished from thin air. Macie hugged herself, now seeing how she was truly alone.

——————

1 week later

Macie mostly stayed in bed all week and only went to get food or use the bathroom. She'd been skipping school recently and getting bad grades for it. She'd been sent to the office for numbers of reasons. One in particular for cutting of Ciara's hair. She was suspended for 3 days after.

She didn't give a fuck. She didn't give a fuck about anything anymore. Just that she wanted to die in her cozy blanket and never come back. Sam never returned either. He was probably ignoring her, or giving her time to heal. Either way, she still didn't care.

A buzzing sound was heard. She peaked at her phone and saw an unknown text:

You're poisoning yourself.

She didn't know who it was but she dislike that person already. She responded back:

I don't know who you are, but get the fuck out of my phone!

I'm not in your phone. I'm texting you.

You know what I meant. You don't know me.

Actually I do.

Suddenly, the unknown texted sent her a picture of her dancing to HSM. Macie widen her eyes in realization. This was Sam! But how did he get her number!?

I never gave you my number!

I saw it in your phone app.

And how do you know I'm poisoning myself?

Because someone who is in bed sucked up in plushies and pillows sounds like a kid trying to calm down there temper tantrum.

.....and how do you know about that?

Because I happened to be by your door way.

Macie snapped and took her covers away from her. She saw Sam leaning against the door way with his arms crossed. "Hey."

"I don't wanna talk." Macie snapped as she turned away. Sam stalked to the bed and sat next to her. "I heard you got suspended."

"I just said I don't wanna talk!"

"Then don't talk. Just listen." Sam snapped back as Macie grumbled. "We're you following me?"

"Kinda."

"Like stalking."

"Not stalking!"

"Yes you were!"

"Was not!"

"Was too!" Macie and Sam stared down on each other. But it only held for a couple of seconds. That's when Macie realized that he was here. Sitting next to her. He cared about her. She wanted to be mad, but she couldn't. She started to snicker and snort as her mouth curve up a bit. Sam noticed the change of expression. "Hold up, are you smiling at me?"

"N-no!" Macie tried to say but giggles took over. "Oh I see. Did you miss me?" Sam smirked as he squished Macie's cheeks. The ticklish feeling only made her giggle more. Macie managed a nod as Sam smiled at her. "I missed you too." He gave her a hug as Macie returned it. She really did miss her friend.

Immediately, Sam picked her up like she was nothing but a 5 year old. "Now, can you explain to me why my best friend is suspended from school?" Macie laughed as his fingers squeezed her hipbones his smirk bit making it better.

Macie giggled. "It's a long story."