Chapter 2: "Shoyo kun's Secret Smoocher???"

~

"ALRIGHT!! EVERYONE GET READY FOR STRETCHES I GOTTA MAKE A CALL!" Trainer Shoji shouted. The Jackals have been given a new trainer and the exercises have been BRUTAL. Sometimes Shoyo came home with bruises, and a sore, aching body that his husband would knead back together like the touch of an angel. Those hands are more useful than just volleyball you know.

- "Shoyo-kun's still missin? Jeez how longs' it been? He's never really late."
-"Tsumu you don't remember a few weeks ago? He came tumbling in with all types of bruises, profusely sweating and-"
-"Yea, I remember. But Bokuto, you have room fer error too you know,"
-"HUH-"
-"Can you guys please just get back to practice. He'll be here any minute. And stop sitting like that Tsum."

                                     *slam!*

"HEYYY GUYS!!! SORRY I'M LATE! GOT DRESSED LATE, GOT...DISTRACTED FOR A WHILE BUT LETS GET STARTED!!"

"Distracted? By what Hinata?" Bokuto asked.

"Huh? OH, me, umm..." did he forget his own name? Man that Hinata can be such a clutz sometimes. "I was caught up in something, but it's really no big deal guys, really."

"Fair enough, it's time to play anyways. But don't think you've gotten off the hook with this Shoyo-kun!!" Atsumu chirped through the gym. Maybe luck was on the spiker's side.

                          After practice~

Shoyo was the last in the locker room now, busily tying his laces. Just then, he got a call, and the Lock Screen of him and Tobio outside of Karasuno soon was replaced with an icon of a certain good looking, black haired male with the display name "that one hot guy who married some cute guy who still can't tie his laces💍🧞‍♂️".

As he seen the phone vibrate, a smile subconsciously crawled upon his bright face, as he swiped the answer icon.

"Hi sho-"

"HIIII!! I didn't expect you to call so early out of my practice!" On the other line, Tobio was visibly taken aback, yet his slight smile still on his face. The older could practically feel the settling comfort, even if they were on the phone and he couldn't physically be around it. What can he say, he knows his husband like the back of his palm now. Wait is that how that saying goes?

He hears the voice on the other line clear his throat, tearing him out of his thoughts before asking, "You're out?"

"YEAH I'm out!! I was just expecting the call to be later when I'm in the car like normal timing."

"But I always call you around this time to make sure though?" What? But- ohhh.

"OHHH yeahhh Im kinda late dressing out today. I forgot. Everyone else isn't even in here; I wouldn't be surprised if they are already out of the building."

"..Huh. Well you need to hurry and leave then, I'm sure they wouldn't be fond of sitting there waiting for you even longer."

Shoyo's lips curled into a smirk, as he prepared his line. "Eager for me to get home eh? Why the rush? Do you mis-"

"You're sitting in a vacant locker room, damn near vacant gym while people are still waiting for you to finish dressing out. Get the hell out of their gym, dunce face." Well he didn't hold back. The ginger's banter was dismantled, and now he was just actually focusing on leaving.

"You're home?" He asked into the phone, after putting it between the side of his face on his ear, being propped up by his shoulders.

"Yep. Got off practice early. Today was a pretty fast paced day, we just talked about our next traveling location."

Shoyo was not pleased to hear that, meaning Tobio would have to leave AGAIN. The Adlers are always going out of country, to the widest spread of different areas. Rome, South America (of course it was when Shoyo wasn't playing in Brazil anymore), France, Germany, etc, and now what?

"Don't worry bout it sho. It's next year."

"Next year is in some months." He was right huh?

"Well I guess, but it's still fine. I can practically feel you moping in that locker room."

"...."

"GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THE LOCKER ROOM AND COME HOME TO ME!! HOW ARE YOU SAD ABOUT ME NOT BEING THERE WHEN YOU MUST ENJOY AN EMPTY CORRIDOR WITH DUSTY COBWEBS MORE THAN COMING HOME AND SPENDING THE TIME I HAVE LEFT WITH ME!!! THINK SMARTER NOT HARDER IDIOT!!"

"YES!!"

The call ended with the usual "love you" "love you more babe" as Shoyo turned the lights out. Smiling, he made his way out until-

*bang*

Oh he walked into someone.

"Sorr- guys?!?"

The redhead looked up at 3 bodies who were standing there looking at him, as if he had 3 million dollars on his head, and boy were they in for the prize.

-"Shoyoooo-kunnnn! Did I hear what I heard??"
-"HINATA??? DID YOU JUST SAY "love you more babe??? BABE????"
-"This is so idiotic."

The sounds of his friend's jumbled words curled and mixed around his brain, while he was standing, his hands fiddling with his bag strap. Whoops.

"Guys, I'm just gonna-"

"WHO IS IT??"

"WHO IS SHE??"

"She?"

"YEAH SHE OMI KUN!!"

Oh brother.

"You heard right???" Atsumu asked as his head was bobbing in excitement.

"Tsum I heard, however, I don't think he..never mind I'll let you find out for yourself. I'm going home, it's past time. Leave the gym you idiots." And with that, Sakusa made his journey to the doors, and pushed on.

"OH COME ON OMI!!"

"Hinata I can't believe this! Tell me, who is it? Who? I'm still your trusty upperclassman you know," Bokuto said with a pointed look. Man he's in deep shit.

"Look guys, I reallyyyy have to go. I'll see you tomorrow kay? BYEEE!!" Shoyo yelled as he nearly sprinted out to his car. What was left were two dumbfounded men, just standing in front of the locker room door.

"Man, you heard the giggles?"

"Yep."

"AND the love you?"

"Yerpppp."

"The babe, and "home"? What about the smile on his face as he was leaving? That smile could only mean one thing."

"Mhmm. Shoyo kun has some secret smoocher we don't know about." That had to sink in. They don't know about. They looked at each other, seeming to get and send messages to each other without using words. Oh they were totally going to figure this out.

"He can't be smooching on someone and we don't know."

"Absolutely. I think this calls for an investigation Tsum." Atsumu looked up to Bokuto, who wore the biggest sly smile you would ever see.

"Yeah, I think it does too Bo." Now they both were wearing the smile. It's like it's been spread from one side to the other, and now they are just basking in the game plan that was created. Man was this gonna be fun. But they never expected this from Shoyo. A lover?? Welp, you know what they say, "expect the unexpected".

"HEY WHY ARE YOU TWO STILL IN THE GYM???" Shit.