Chapter 7: Ducking and Dodging

As Atsumu parked his car, he noticed a head of orange hair, bobbing through other parked cars in the lot. The sight of the ginger made Atsumu shiver with excitement. Knowing what he now knows, it's so hard to look at Shoyo the same. MAN THIS SHIT IS WILD.

"Ah, Shoyo-kun!" Atsumu greeted from the other side of the parking space. At the sound of this, Shoyo whipped his head in the direction of the voice calling out to him. His eyes suddenly went wide, as he blushed a little out of embarrassment from the last encounter. Still fresh on his mind too, eh?

Now that Shoyo has seen his setter, he can't even attempt to hide from this situation anymore. WHY DID HIS STUPID JACKET HAVE TO GET STUCK IN THE CAR DOOR THEN!

"Ahaha HEY Atsumu! Long time no see huh? What you been up to?" The redhead awkwardly asked. Atsumu wasn't stupid, neither was he blind at how Hinata was putting off this short convo. And to mention he doesn't even know that they know about him and his little companion. The ball is all in Atsumu's proverbial court. Big words for a big shot ya hear!

"Where've ya beeeeen Shoyo kun??" Atsumu questioned.

"Oh um... I just took the day off yesterday because you know.. I wasn't really feeling well." Shoyo answered, looking away. Now Atsumu would've doubted, yet believed this little lie of his, if he didn't have a little ally they call the INTERNET as an apprentice.

"Really? That's crazy, I could've swore I saw ya on the news! What was it, "Volleyball superstars Hinata Shoyo and Kageyama Tobio spotted out and about together at downtown shopping square!!"?? Oh, let me not forget, "Kageyama Tobio seen holding Hinata Shoyo's hand?!?"??  No what about,"Upcoming #1 Sports Magazine Issue 31 is due to have illustrious setter Kageyama Tobio as the new sexy cover confirmed?!" or "Look out ladies! Famous Ninja Shoyo says he's on the market!! Get em while ya can!-

"OKAY, OKAY! I did go out yesterday, but it's not what you think. I mean, I told Shoji beforehand, about everything, so it's cool! I'm back now dude!" Shoyo yelled, spreading his arms wide.

'Hmmm... he never said shit about the holding hands.' Atsumu thought.

———————————————————————

During practice, it seemed as if Shoyo was ducking and dodging every piece of confrontation he got. Bokuto definitely noticed, Atsumu is just glad this idiot hasn't dropped the damn bomb yet. We're gonna have fun with this one.

As Shoyo finished dressing out, he spotted Atsumu and Bokuto in the corner of his eye, entering the locker room. Grabbing his shoes, he stood up to leave, yet Bokuto stopped him.

"Why're you avoiding us Hinata?" he asked, looking down at Shoyo, concerned.

"Avoiding? I'm not avoiding anyone! Why would I-

Just then, loud screeching in the wave of his ringtone loudly filled the room, signifying someone is calling him. Thank the lor-

*that one hot-*

NO NO NO NO. He's sure he can just decline and his husband would under-

"ANSWER!! I SEEN THE PICTURE, ITS TOBIO KUN!! I WANNA SAY HI!" Atsumu chirped, as Bokuto leaned in, face with excitement. Since when were they this excited to see this motherfucker?!?

"Oh, alright!" Shoyo said, eyeing the green button on his phone. He can't seem any more suspicious than he already did today. Then he noticed, this is a fucking FaceTime. 'GOD TOBIO PLEASE HAVE ON CLOTHES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE' Shoyo thought, as he pressed the button. It connected, and shoyo has never felt more scared to see his baby's face. He was at the gym thank GOD, but the shorter male refused to let his head fall to see what the man was wearing. Now is not the time to thirst over Tobio's tit-