I am reading a book, Sat under the tree, the story is all about a hybrid boy that transforms into a cute golden retriever every 12 pm, it sounds like cinderella, but the boy has 12 hours to enjoy his life as a human.

A hardball hit across my head making me stood up in pain, I rubbed where it was hit and looked around and met Jake's face trying his best to hold his laughter.

"Are you okay? I-I'm sorry" he said and burst into a laugh.

He was quite mischievous these days, we are now thirteen years old, but I don't get why he's left at being childish.

"Hit me again and I'll kill you" I threatened, without looking at him.

"I said I'm sorry" he defended, dribbling the ball in front of me causing the ball to bounce on the book I was reading he instantly ran away, That's when I had enough and took the ball with me and also ran to catch him.

"Alright... Alright... I'm sorry" he said in between laughs, I didn't hesitate to throw the ball in him and he turned his back at me.

"Kids stop that, Lunch's ready," aunt Lacey said, Jaeyun's mom.

I started to call her Aunt Lacey because she wanted me to, she even suggested to call her Mommy too but I quickly refused out of embarrassment, I still have my mom with me though.

"Kids, what's with the messy clothes? Jaeyun I told you not to put on stains with this" showing the dirt mark from the ball I threw him "those are white and look how the dirt shows"

"S-she threw the ball to me" He defended quickly, my eyes widened.

"You started it" I gritted my teeth and he stuck out his tongue.

"Stop that, we should watch our manners in front of the table," Aunt Lacey said, and we responded quickly by sitting properly.

Since they moved here, Aunt lacey became fond of me, she always cooks me delicious foods and Takes care of me very well, not late until my mom became friends with her and she became more clingy to me, I often ask her that I will do the dishes whenever she calls me to eat with them, but she said it'll break her heart that is why Jaeyun wash the dishes instead.

Jaeyun's dad is also nice to me, he doesn't mind me taking care of by his wife, I got embarrassed but whenever I express that, he always assures me that It's not a big deal for them.

I went straight home after my class when I saw unfamiliar faces waiting in front of our door.

Then, there I saw my mom's face, she approached me and gave me a tight hug I felt her tears behind me and heard her sobs.

"Mom?"

I never saw her for four years, her hands were cuffed.

"You're already free to live your life in the best possible way," she said bursting into more tears. ''I love you, please Lacey take care of her, she's precious to me'', aunt lacey pulled me from her.

''mom, what happened?'' that's when I started to sobs. 

I can't believe what I heard, she killed my father and because of that she was put in jail. she was always felt sorry for me since I was six years old, mom and I started to change and forget the past but this happened.

'Why now?'

she kept on apologizing the day she said the words that he didn't mean. There's a difference between being happy And being distracted from sadness.

We started from adjustments, But I have to adjust again without my parents.

Not longer, today was the burial of my Dad,  mom left me a note and was about to give me a stuffed toy. The older you get, the more you start to understand the world. The older you get, the more you start to understand the world. The sad part is, once you see the world, you wish you never did.

I held the flowers tightly, preventing myself to cry cause I cried already enough. I am still disappointed in myself because even though I'm not his real daughter, i wished he still did a great job for me

"You always act mature, should Just call you Justine Noona"

I'm not sure what does that means so I asked, "what does it mean?"

" it's used in Addressing An older sister," he said. 

''but we're the same age, idiot'' I told him.

When heavy rain started to pour, Jaeyun pulled my hands dragging me to a shelf.

We both stare at the rain for a moment, mesmerized by every bit of it, it wasn't our first time seeing rain but it was rather one of my favorite weather above all, the sound of the rain soothes my mind making me calm.

I'm numb and I'm tired. Too much has happened today. I feel as if I'd been out in a pounding rain without an umbrella or a coat. I'm soaked to the skin with emotion.

I turned to Jaeyun, he was still holding my hands, I moved my hand a bit for him to realize.

"W-what?" He asks when he felt my gaze.

I glanced at him to our hands collided together, he flinched in realization quickly let go of my hand.

"Sorry," he muttered looking away.

Meanwhile, "Justine...." he said without looking at me.

"Hmmm?"

"It's okay to cry, you don't need to be strong all the time" I heard him chuckled, "it hurts me to see you like this" he suddenly said.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because...." he paused for a moment, his face flashed in red like a tomato. "Were best friends..."

I found myself smiling, "right, best friends".

maybe Jaeyun was the best thing I had.