My mom entrusted me to Jaeyun's parents, his mom Willingly accepted it like nothing really changed, she still treats me the way she treats me the first time we 

She left me to Jaeyun's house, aunt lacey suggested it, she said that the house is pretty huge, and I can go to it without any hesitations, My room was next to Jaeyun's, where his little sister was supposed to room, the room was filled with peach color with a huge bed and a simple walk in closet. I have to live independently soon, A 13-year-old is now capable of living alone.

"Justine! Come out now" I heard Jaeyun called from outside.

Jaeyun and I go to school together and as well when going home since they moved here and I'm used to seeing him every day, Jaeyun belongs to different section it was so funny when he didn't saw my name on their class students because I'm on another section.

I tied my hair into a ponytail and wore jogging pants under my skirt so that I'll feel comfortable when riding my bicycle.

"What makes you so long? the first day of classes and you're making me wait" complaint by a dramatic 13-year-old boy

"Shut up, you could've gone first" I snapped back, hopping on my bicycle. Jaeyun was supposed to go to school by car but since I told aunt lacey that I would be better with my bicycle but then he asked for a bicycle too. 

"Mom said not to make her prince wait," he said, I rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

"Kids, be careful and enjoy your day!" Aunt lacey cheered.

"Thank you!"

"We will mom!"

Not so long we arrived at the school a minute before the classes start.

We are both attending a prestigious school, since both of our parents were alumni of this school, we are both enrolled in a science class but with different sections.

I quickly jumped off my bike and pulled out my pants. We ran both to each classroom when they all turned to me in surprise.

"Ms. Watanabe?"

"Present ma'am", I said

"Please take your seat, beside Louise"

I sat on the given seat, when Someone tapped my shoulder, "Hey, you're Justine right? From art club?" A black young lady, with pretty curly hair uttered.

I turned to her and nodded, "yeah"

"Cool, I love the comic you made from last year" she praised.

"Oh, thank you," I said tucking a hair on my ear.

We became somehow close afterward, we began to tell about ourselves; hobbies, and even school stuff.

She told me that she's originally from Africa but since she moved here, she never had friends because of how she looks and ethnicity.

I was speechless hearing her story she doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. She finds it hard to adjust here in Australia because bullying and racism are a bit famous here especially in the kind of school were attending.

"But how did you talk to me casually if you're that scared to approach people?"

"Well the guy from another section told me that you're a nice person" she answered.

"Who's that guy?"

"Justine!!!" Jaehyun called, his voice echoing the whole cafeteria.

"There he is," Louise said.

"Him?", she just nodded as a response, so basically jaeyun was the one who told her that I'm a nice person.

He was with his friends; Neil and Leo.

"You're too loud," I told him. my eyes widen when he took the last nugget I was saving for my entire life.

"Hey!", I did not hesitate to headlock him, making him choke the food. I heard a stubborn laugh coming from him, off earning a laugh from the people watching us.

The classes ended pretty quickly, while heading outside every girl tends to look in Jaeyun's direction, well, I can't deny he has the looks that make the girls in our school drool for his attention plus he's part of the school soccer team making him more attractive. They even call him Jake for his English name, a short term for the 'golden boy' of the school lol.

"How's the first day going?" Aunt Lacey asks as soon we arrived at the house. I put on my slippers and went to her for a hug.

"It was usual, I'm in the same class with Neil and Leo" Jaeyun answered.

"How about you Justine?" She faced me.

"It was a nice experience, I got to know a friend" I smiled, she clasps her hand took a spoon for me to taste what she was cooking.

"How's it?", My eyes widen, I honestly love the taste.

"It tastes good," I said giving her a thumbs up, later then I volunteered to slice some of the vegetables.

While slicing, I look through the window, right there I saw our house it was now different, it was sold a year ago. The family living there reminds me of my youngest self; a girl with two parents but the only difference is that they aren't problems like mine.

A realization hit me when I felt my finger got a deep cut instead of the carrot, the blood spat gradually causing my hand to be covered by the blood.

I just stared at it for a moment, but as I turned around I met Jaehyun's face instead.

"Justine.....what were you thinking?" He worriedly said, he instantly put my hands on the opened faucet.

The blood was flowing endlessly but it stopped for a while.

"There is no need to do that," I said.

We sat on the couch while he's treating the wound, I knew he was an expert about this because he's an athlete.

"The cut wasn't that-  oww!"  I stop in my mid-sentence when he suddenly pours the alcohol on it.

"Were out of betadine" he just said

I pulled out the betadine straight from the pouch and he dramatically covered his mouth.

"thanks jaeyun'' 

I clutch my chest avoiding his gaze, so whose heartbeat is that?