31 New Perspective

Hi everyone! The book is coming to an end. This isn't the last chapter and there are still multiple to come but this is close to the end. Please show your support by doing your thang (vote comment fan) and I hope you have an amazing time reading. Also, I love the fact that my audience for this book is large but frankly it's not large enough. I'd like to spread the word about this book! Please let your vampire loving friends that this book is available. Thanks! Love all of you xx

Dmitri's POV

Her fall seemed to happen in slow motion. The gun was fired. The bullet pierced through her, all the while throwing her backwards into the air. Her back arched, her legs bent, and then her head smacked the floor along with the rest of her body.

Goodbye Dmitri, I heard in my head. Scarlet! She must have said that to me right before she hit the cement.

In the split second that this happened I had two choices.

I looked over to Veronica, who was still standing with her arm outstretched towards us. She was grinning, clearly proud of her victory. Her second vistory, actually.

I turned to Scarlet's limp body on the floor.

Seeing her lifeless body scorched my heart and my heart burned with fury. In that split second, I knew instantly, that I'd rather be with a human than my own filthy vampire sister. Veronica had to be stopped.

"Get her!" I yelled, surprising myself when my voice echoed across the sky and sounded more like a roar of a beast. In a flash, Ash leaped towards Veronica. She quickly fumbled backwards, getting out of his reach. Instead of running away by taking the stairs, she ran across the roof and leaped. She landed on the next building over, and continued to run away. Ash followed her, jumping from building to building as well.

He was very close. Of course, he was stronger and faster than her. I knew that he would catch her eventually. I sighed. They're dating. Ash and Veronica... it hurts me to know that Ash was with a murderer. And that too, they kept it from me. What their reasons were for hiding it, I'm not sure and I'm also curious s to who else knew.

I tore my gaze away from the traitor and looked at Scarlet.

My knees bucked from beneath me and I let out a cry of pain. The pain of seeing Scarlet so dead on the floor.

I sat beside her and pulled her head onto my lap. Silent tears ran down my face as I registered the amount of blood which had left her body from the gunshot wound.

That too, Veronica had hit her so close to the heart.

I've never hated myself more. Somehow, I always hurt the people I love the most. Chelsea, although I now know it was Veronica who killed her, was dead because I had brught her into my life.

And now Scarlet. Veronica has successfully gotten rid of the two girls who I've ever fallen in love with. I've finally said it. I love Scarlet and I love her with all my heart. I'd never realized it before because, well... I hadn't lost her. And now it was too late.

These past few weeks have been mortifying. She was always so close. But I'd made the decision to keep her away from me, and so while she tried to get closer to me, I only pushed her away even more.

"So selfish and heartless," I muttered, pulling at my hair, hating myself for being so adbsorded in myself that I couldn't protect them. I finally rested my head in my hands as the tears finally stopped flowing. I was dry.

Scarlet is a lot of things. But she always wanted the best for me. I know that. And to tell the truth, we ruined her life. She deserved to be with her family. And now that she's dead, her family is going to have to know that their daughter that went missing two years ago has now been located, dead.