7 Embarrassment

Chapter 7

"Pass me the salt, will you Scarlet?" Mr. Woods asked me. I nodded smiling, and passed him the salt.

Austin and I were previously in the garden outside, at the picnic when he had decided to tell me about everything – and I mean everything about who he was to why I was even here. He never got a chance to tell me though. Mr. Woods came and found us, looking angry that we were outside. Or was he mad at something else? Or about something else? I could never know...

He'd brought us into the castle, and told Austin to go change and ordered him to go somewhere... I don't know where. If I had to be honest, I'd say I was scared of the castle whole. And the people. Mr and Mrs. Woods especially. The only person I was okay with... well, the person I was fond of was, Austin Woods.

The king had brought me into the kitchen and since then we've been cooking tonight's dinner. He'd asked for the salt and I passed it to him, continuing to roll the dough he'd given me.

I made sure to stand far from him, but not too far to make it obvious.

"You know," He started with his British accent. "I don't usually cook... we have services for that... like cooks, but well, I wanted to show you how to use the things in this kitchen so you can used to it." He returned to his cooking and I stopped the rolling. Did he think I was some kind of cook?

"Well... please excuse me, but I don't think I came here for your services, sir," I looked at him right in the eye. He had no control over me, and I had no respect for him anyways.

His eyes flared a dangerous black. Did he know that I knew about his 'powers'? That he was a vampire?

He barked a laugh, once he calmed down but the black remained in his icy eyes.

"My god..." He muttered, disbelieving. "Why else would we bring you here, Scarlet?"

I could sense the blood rushing to my face as he insulted me once again.

I put down the rolling pin and started at him in the eyes again.

"I'm not sure if you've noticed... but Austin brought me here for much better reasons. Now, if you'd excuse me, I'd like to get away from you this instant!" I threw off the apron he'd lend to me and stormed off. I heard his angry voice calling my name, but I didn't hesitate as I ran upstairs and threw myself on my bed in my royal bedroom. Tears streaming down my face, I stormed off into my huge closet and picked out a startling orange gown, with black gloves, and black sandals to go with it.

Austin told me before he'd headed off to where his dad sent him earlier about a party we were attending, outside this castle. He'd told me to where something bright.

And this was what I was going to wear.

Click – boom!

I heard noises from my bedroom and stormed out of the closet. No one was there, though the window was open. The wind probably closed the door or something ... yeah, probably.

Sighing, I wiped one single tear that the king had caused to flow out of my eye when he yelled at me. The other tears continued to fall, but I didn't care. I was mad. Furious! How could he say those things to me after they trapped me here?!?!

I stormed off into the washroom, facing the wall, and stripped all my clothes off. The mirror and the rest of the washroom were completely closed off to me because I was only staring at the wall.

I felt better not wearing anything except for my underwear, but gasped when I turned around, to face the rest of the washroom.

There, Austin stood wide eyed staring at me, as I was standing almost naked before him. I let out a scream and covered my private areas the best that I could with my two hands.

More tears trailed down my face as he continued to stand there and watch me. I crouched down on my knees, still covering myself

Why? Why did I have such a bad life? I closed my eyes, and continued to cry there on the ground.

I suddenly felt a pair of strong arms cover my naked body and lift me up.

I looked up and was shocked to see Austin's face so close to mine as he picked me up from the floor and held me there. Oh, and he was also shirtless...

"It's okay, I got you..." He whispered to me, smiling down at me.

"... Put me down," I finally said. I didn't need him touching my naked body.

I tried covering myself again once he let me go, but he laughed softly, and grabbed my wrist, gently pulling me towards him. He held me close to him and so his face was bent closely to mine.

"I've already seen it all, my dear..." he said, smiling. My body was pressed against his and so he let go of my hand, and rested his hand on my back, slowly trailing down until it rested right above my ass. His other hand rested around my shoulders. My chest being pressed to his was shocking when he pulled me closer to him.

I can't deny that his cold body felt great against mine. And I loved his scent. Mmmmmmm... I immediately forgot about my naked body against him when I accidently looked down at his lips. I couldn't help it! I just felt so good, all anger from earlier slipping away.

He slowly lowered his head as I lifted mine. Our lips met and it was like the first time we met and kissed, but better. His hand was in my hair, while the other one around my back. My hand in his short hair, and gripping his neck.

Thankfully, he wasn't the perverted type and stayed away from other parts of my body. I was still close to him, but he'd given us enough space for my chest to hang and not be pressed up against him.

When finally we took a breath, I put an arm around my boobs and backed up. I looked down at myself, blushing and closed my eyes. When I opened them again, he was staring into my eyes with a pleasant smile, eyes a clear blue.

"I... I'm sorry..." I started to say but he shook his head and headed into the washroom, grabbed my clothes and was back with them in hand in less than two seconds. Darn you, vampire speed!

"Here, put these on." He offered them and I quickly grabbed them with my free hand.

"Turn around," I whispered. He chuckled and turned around.

Since I was still wearing my underwear, I quickly put on my bra, my jeans and my shirt. He turned around and nodded.

"I didn't know you were in the washroom... That's why I came in like that, and... and s-stripped..." I muttered. His eyes flashed and he took my hand.

"It's okay... I didn't know you were in the room... My shower broke and I was about to use yours."

I cocked and eyebrow but nodded. "Sorry you had to see that..." I said looked at him but avoiding his eyes.

He took y chin in his hand and made me look him in the eyes. "My pleasure... he said and winked. I glared and pushed him away from me.

He laughed and shook his head. "I'm kidding, kidding!"

"Go shower somewhere else, pretty boy," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"My castle," he said crossing his arms as well.

"Austin!" I whined. "Don't we have to get ready for that party?"

He sighed, "Yeah..."

"So I'll shower here, and you can shower in a different shower. Thanks, bye."

"Or..." he said grinning. "I can shower with you!"

I smacked him across the chest blushing.

"Hey, hey... the only reason I'm not leaving is because you were crying before you knew that I was in the washroom... What happened? Did someone hurt you?" He looked concerned and so I sighed and nodded.

"Who?" He demanded.

"Can we talk about it later? And plus, you haven't explained to me yet." He suddenly frowned then sighed.

"Fine, fine, go shower and get dressed. I'll meet you hear in an hour. Be ready," he said walking out, and kissing me on the lips lightly before leaving.