21 intimate

Hey guys! I was going to upload this in a week but I couldn't wait that long This is my favourite chapter so far! Anyways show your support by voting and commenting! ALSO if you need to be reminded of what's going on you could always reread the end of the last chapter!

**

"I can't do it. I want to despise you and I want to not want to be around you but you're making it very difficult to hold on to my previous beliefs."

"I don't understand" I said, startled at his sudden outburst.

"All my life, I've been persuaded that humans are a virus. And when I set my mind on something, I never turn back. Then you come along, and you change my whole perspective!" He yelled, with a look of pain on his face.

He had his arm bent against a window, resting his head against his arm. He had stormed out of the party, and here I was' following him out to the balcony, to see if he was okay. But I didn't understand what he was getting at.

"Explain to me what's wrong," I pleaded, trying to make him look at me. I was the one who was upset. For all I knew, Dmitri never let anything or anyone get close enough to upset him in the first place! "Just explain what's wrong."

With amazing speed, he'd whipped himself away from the wall and towards me so that he was glowering over me. He then backed me up until my back hit the railing of the balcony.

"What's wrong?" he sneered, glaring at me through eyes that had turned a dangerous black. "What's wrong is you!" He said, and I couldn't help but allow a small gasp to escape my throat.

Why, and how, was I the problem?

"I don't understand why you're angry. I changed your mind about humans, right?" I whispered, afraid of our proximity. His glare faltered but it was back in an instant. "I changed your mind, so isn't that a good thing? Shouldn't you be happy that you don't need to carry around hate for people who are just like you?" I pleaded to him, while grasping his arm.

He pointedly stared at his arm, where my hand was holding it. He looked to me then looked away and sighed. I had no idea where this was heading.

Through clenched teeth, I made out his words, "It scares me."

Taken aback, I let that sink in. "What scares you?" I asked.

He looked down at my hand on his arm again and I instantly backed off. It was bothering him for some reason. Something was wrong.

"The fact that someone can change my mind like that. A human, too. No one has ever had that much power over me," he confessed, looking back to me. "And that scares me."

I looked down. I knew what he was saying now. We had, honestly, been spending a lot of time together ever since we went hunting in the mall. He had slowly been allowing me to enter into his life, and he has just now realized how much Id affected him. I hardly even noticed that this happened.

"I can't have someone like you taking over my life," He said, glaring again. The air escaped my throat and my tongue thickened. This guy? He, in this moment, was dangerous.

I gave up.

"So, what are you going to do?" I asked quietly. "Kill me on this balcony like you've tried to do before?" I asked, and I meant it. I was done with all of this drama. "I can take it. I'm never getting out of here unless some magic happens!"

"No," He whispered, lowering his head, and his eyes turned into the warm brown from earlier, "I'm going to do this."

His head dipped even lower and his strong arms caught hold of my own arms as our lips met. I hadn't even realized that those were his intentions, but when I did, I felt the heat.