8 Dmitri

Finally summer! Ok well I'm sorry i haven't updated, but here it is! This ones longer, yay!!

Ohh and I made a special banner for this chapter! It's on the side and it's the external link!

Enjoooooy!♥-----------------------

Austin held my hand at our sides as we sat in the limousine that drove us to the party for tonight. We hadn't really spoken much. When he arrived at my room to pick me up so we could leave to the party, he'd informed me that I looked beautiful and that we'd be wonderful tonight. I'd thanked him and congratulated him for managing to have the same orange coloured tie as my dress. We'd climbed into the limousine and we've just been enjoying the silenced drive to the party.

We finally stopped and got out of the limousine. I was startled at how dazzling this castle seemed to be. It looked a lot like our own but ... it was bright! Lights were everywhere that made the sky shine bright!

"Come on," I heard Austin say as he guided me across the red carpet that led into the castle.

As we walked down the red carpet, more single people and couples walked around us. They were all so beautiful... but it wasn't an ordinary beautiful - no - they were all gorgeous, flawless! Like... like they were... like they were all like him. Like Austin.

They were all vampires.

A shiver ran down my back at the single thought.

I was surrounded by millions of vampires, and as I walked through the doors of the castle, I was slowly becoming scared of the people, my surroundings, the castle, and more importantly, Austin.

It wasn't because of how they looked and dressed - no! I was getting terrified because of the aura of power that was hanging in the air, everywhere around me. These people had things that a human such as I had no access to and they used it against us! And now being in a room full of them was shaking me.

"Scarlet, what's wrong?" I heard Austin ask which snapped me out of my reverie.

I sighed and looked up at his stunning pale face. I smiled and squeezed his hand, "I'm fine," I quickly lied, assuring him I was okay. He gave me an uneasy look but nodded anyways.

Although these people had bad powers, at least Austin didn't use his against me...

We were standing in a spacious front foyer, in front of large golden double doors.

"Are we going to go in...? Or are we just going to stand here?" I asked him. I saw people entering the large double doors which obviously led to the party place, but we'd just been standing in the foyer.

"Not quite, darling," Austin said, turning me around to face him. I smiled shyly as he stared in my eyes. His golden eyes revealed that he was in a good mood. "See, last time we went to a ball, it took place in my castle and we only went in the Ball room where we ate and danced and talked. Today, I'm going to start off the ever so fabulous night by introducing you to some of my friends."

I gasped. I had no intention on meeting his friends... they were obviously going to be vampires!

"Shh... calm down, Scarlet," He whispered to me, stroking my cheek, and guiding me closer to him, chest-to-chest. "They're not going to harm you..." I wasn't convinced. "I promise," He whispered. I gave in and nodded, unable to not trust him. He gave me an assuring kiss on my forehead then took my hand in his.

"Then let's go," I said smiling.

No matter what, my goal for tonight was to meet his friends and get comfortable with vampires.

***

I expected to walk up a large staircase, but much to my satisfaction, there was an elevator. There was normal elevator music playing lightly. He dared not let g of my hand that was held so gently in his hand. When we'd made it to the top, Austin led me down a hall to a door with an aura of power coming from it. He knocked and suddenly the door opened, revealing a dark lit room. We stepped in hand in hand beside each other, and my eyes adjusted to the lighting. I looked around and was amazed when I realized this part of the castle was not special like the others.