20 I Do

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This chapter ends in the middle of a scene because it was so long so show the support to get the rest of this chapter! Comment and vote for this to get the next update!

**

"Just relax, you're going to look amazing tonight!" The dark haired vampire said to me.

I was sitting at my dressing table. Veronica, a pretty dark haired vampire , stood behind me curling my hair. She had already picked out a dress for me and had already done my makeup.

It was Austin's wedding in a couple of hours.

I could hardly breathe. This was it. The final thing that would break us apart. And I didn't even know if I could handle it.

I mean, I've only known Austin for a few months but we love each other. Loved, each other, perhaps. And I wasn't going to rush into a marriage with him, assuming we lasted, but the thought of him getting married to someone else was draining me.

"I don't think I should go. Id be crashing the event, I'm sure I'm not wanted there," I tried to reason with Veronica.

She raised an eyebrow. "You are going no matter what. Dmitri is picking you up and you two will go there together. Don't worry, everything will go fine as long as you stick by Dmitri's side."

I found it funny how she thought Dmitri was some next protector of mine.

"You speak fondly of him," I said to her, as she picked up the last strand of my hair. "Are you two dating?"

She dropped the strand after curling it and laughed. "Dmitri? Girlfriend? Oh honey!" She said, clucking her tongue in distaste. "Don't put those two words in the same sentence. He doesn't do girlfriends," She said, smiling. She sighed after seeing my confusion. "I'm not his girlfriend but I am, however, his sister."

My mouth fell open.

"Well that makes total sense because you are hot, girl! I can totally see the resemblance now!" I said, indicating her dark hair, intense eyes, and unusually fair skin, even for a vampire, like Dmitri.

She laughed. "Ah. You think my brothers hot."

I sputtered. "I.. what... No... Ugh."

I hadn't even meant to call her hot. And I sure as hell didn't mean to indicate that he was hot. Because that that was territory too dangerous to play with.

"Wait, I have a question about Dmitri," I said suddenly. Once again she smiled knowingly, and allowed me to continue. "I've never seen him around any girls, you know? Like he has Niko and Ash and all of them, as friends, but he is never with girls. Aren't there a bunch of gorgeous vampires who are interested in him?"

She sighed and looked away when I questioned her about him. "You're right. The last time he was involved with someone, was maybe a couple of years ago," She confessed. Wow, a couple of years? If Austin was turning 21 soon, that mist mean that Dmitri was 21 or older, and he was alone. "Maybe you should ask him about it," she commented.

I sighed.

"Well anyways, forget my brother. This is your night. Lets get you into that dress!" She said.

She managed to pull me away from the mirror while I was busy fawning over my curls. I had never been able to curl my hair the way she did. The curls cascaded down my back like a waterfall. She pinned a few strands up and also added a brooch. It was outstanding.

"Scarlet, I thought you'd look good in a red dress. Do you need help putting it on or can you manage?" She asked me.

I studied this girl who was Dmitris sister. She was definitely a sight to take in. And she was very friendly. She had her own badass look going on.