Hospital Visit (Part 2)

A note flew towards Ginny and Hermione while they were waiting at St. Mungo's Cafe. Ginny quickly grabbed the flying paper, and opened it immediately.

Hermione moved closer to her friend to see her blood test results.

Patient Name: Granger, Hermione Jean
Age: 19
Date: December 27, 1998

Blood Test Results Summary:

As per standard procedures, St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries' Poison Department Laboratory has found no traces of any type of potion from the patient's blood sample.

Note:

The patient is requested to report back to Healer Mary Spleen for further instructions.

Hermione released the breath she was holding while reading the report. Thank Merlin, I am fine! She thought to herself.

"Come on, let's go back to Healer Mary," Ginny coaxed her friend. Just like Hermione, she was also relieved that her blood doesn't contain any type of poison.

"I-," Hermione started, but Ginny interrupted her.

"Don't tell me, "I told you so" yet. We need to check for curses next," Ginny stated, pulling her towards the elevators.

Hermione just gave her an eye roll.

They went back down to the third floor and proceeded to room 301. Ginny knocked on the door and waited for the Healer to open it.

"Come inside," Healer Mary called as she opened the door with her wand.

The girls entered the consultation room again, sitting in front of the Healer's desk.

"As you have read, the results has come out negative from all types of poison," the Healer started. "However, we have found something else," she added seriously.

"What is it?" The girls both asked in unison.

"Well, the potioneer at the laboratory saw certain chemicals in your blood are not within the normal range," Healer Mary paused. "I hope you don't mind me asking, Ms. Granger, but have you had any intercourse at least four weeks ago?" She asked seriously.

Hermione stared at the Healer speechless. Four weeks ago? But she and Malfoy just started being intimate less than two weeks ago, she thought.

Ginny was also left speechless. Why would the Healer ask her that? Does that mean she's possibly pregnant? She thought. But she said she and Malfoy have not been intimate for that long, or was she lying?

"Ms. Granger, I don't want to intrude. But I need to do a pregnancy test on you as well to confirm the laboratory results. It will only take a minute," Healer Mary coaxed.

"Okay," Hermione agreed reluctantly. She suddenly paled, thinking about the days she has been feeling nauseous and the lapses in her memory.

She also remembered the time, exactly five weeks ago when she felt so sore and saw the marks in her body. She couldn't stop the tears that were suddenly flowing from her eyes.

Ginny saw her friend crying silently, she held her hand and squeezed it gently. "I'm here," she whispered to her.

"Are you alright, dear?" Healer Mary asked when she moved in front of them.

"I'm fine," Hermione replied. "What do I need to do?" She asked determinedly.

"I need you to lie down on the bed. It will only take a minute to confirm if there's another life inside you," Healer Mary replied.