Prologue

"Bye, Hermione," Harry Potter said, hugging his girl best friend. "We promise to owl you as much as we can," he added.

"Hey, stop hugging her and start hugging your own girlfriend!" Ron told Harry, bumping him and hugging Hermione.

Harry grinned at his two best friends who had become inseparable after the Second Wizarding War. Ginny tutted to catch his attention, she had just finished saying goodbye to her family and wanted her boyfriend's attention now.

"Ginny," Harry smiled at her and hugged her tightly. She hugged him back and kissed him on the cheek, knowing that her mother is watching them.

"I'll miss you so much, Harry," she told him, trying not to cry. She had gotten used to his presence all summer, kissing him most of the times when they were alone.

"I will miss you too," he replied, stroking her long, red hair. "I will write to you as much as I can. I love you," he whispered to her ear.

"I love you too, so much!" She replied, then kissed him on the lips not caring anymore who sees them.

The Hogwarts Express started to whistle, signaling its near departure from Platform 9 3/4.

"Come on, Ginny!" Hermione called, and they both separated from their boyfriends to ride the train.

"Be good, both of you!" Hermione called to her best friends, who were going to start their Auror training in a few weeks.

"Don't worry, Hermione. I will make sure Ron behaves," Harry told her seriously, then he got a whack on the head from Ron.

"Bye, guys!" Ginny yelled at her family and boyfriend. Hermione was waving beside her.

Hermione and Ginny searched for their friends, looking into the compartments they pass. After a few minutes of searching, they saw their friends Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood sitting beside each other.

Luna was reading The Quibbler, upside-down as always. Neville was busy reading their 7th Year Herbology book.

"Hi, guys!" Ginny called, getting inside the compartment with Hermione behind her.

"Hi, Gin and Hermione!" Neville replied, smiling at them.

"Hello there," Luna said smiling but not taking her eyes off the magazine she was reading.

"Guess who our Head Girl this year?" Ginny asked Neville and Luna.

Luna smiled and said "Hermione, of course."

"That's right!" Ginny grinned.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Guys, I need to go to the Head's compartment now," Hermione said, pinning her Head Girl badge.

"Do you know who's Head Boy?" Neville asked her.

"No, not yet. I'll be meeting him at the Head's compartment, as per the letter from Professor McGonagall," she replied. "See you later," she added.

"Bye, Hermione," Luna, Ginny, and Neville chorused.

Hermione proceeded to the front of the train to get to the Head's compartment. She hopes that the Head Boy will be either from Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. Not a Slytherin, please, she thought.