New Year's Day (Part 3)

"I wish to talk to her," Narcissa Malfoy told her son after thinking things through.

"I am not sure, mother," Draco replied nervously.

"You do want me to help you, right?" She replied. "I told you before, you need to marry her. You only have a few months left before graduation and the delivery of your child so you need to plan your wedding before that, and that takes time," Narcissa said seriously.

"Of course I want you to help me, mother," Draco agreed. "But I can't propose to her because she hasn't forgiven me yet," he explained.

"That is why I should talk to her," his mother insisted. "I will let her know how ecstatic I am because she is the one carrying my grandchild, that will help her realise that our family accepts her regardless of her blood status," she explained.

Draco looked at his mother surprised that she has already thought of something to help him. Obviously, his mother is excited for the baby, but wanting to meet Hermione was another matter. He was not sure how Hermione will react once she sees Narcissa.

"She may not be ready for you, mother," he replied. "I don't want to stress her out," he added.

"I won't bite, Draco," she replied curtly.

Draco rolled his eyes at his mother's sarcasm. "Mother, please. I don't think it's a good idea for you to meet her now, she's quite frail at the moment," he told her.

"I am your mother," she replied. "She will be my daughter-in-law soon so we need to know each other better. I promise I will tread cautiously when I talk to her," she said.

Draco had no choice but to oblige. He just hopes that his mother's involvement will have a positive effect on his relationship with Hermione.

********************************************

Hermione enjoyed her morning with Toby the House-elf. The little elf was hesitant to share the food he prepared for her at first but with the witch's gentleness towards him, he eventually felt comfortable.

After finishing their tea, Toby excused himself so he could clean-up and start preparing for lunch.

Hermione decided to just read a book in order to pass the time until Draco comes home. She needs to talk to him about how they would tell Professor McGonagall about her situation.

After less than an hour of reading, there was a knock on the door. She looked up to see Draco entering the room.

"Your back early," Hermione said to him as he neared her.

Draco hesitated for a moment before releasing a sigh. "I came home with my mother," he informed her.

Hermione's eyes went wide, uncertainty in her eyes. Seeing the way she looks at him, he moved closer towards her and took her hand to try and calm her.

"Don't be nervous. She's actually very excited to be a grandmother," he said, looking at her eyes. "She wants to see you and talk to you for a bit before I escort her back to St. Mungo's," he informed her. "If it's alright with you," he added.

Hermione took a deep breath before replying. "I suppose it will be rude of me not to," she agreed. "But would you be there too?" She asked him.

"Of course," he replied, giving her hand a light squeeze. "I promise, mother will not say anything to hurt you," he said.

Hermione just nodded. Draco helped her to stand up to escort her downstairs. "Toby is preparing an early lunch for us so we could talk during lunch," he informed her.

Then Hermione remembered that she was only wearing Muggle clothes- a sweater and a pair of jogging pants. "Wait, Draco," she said, pulling back her hand. "I think I need to change," she said pointing at her clothes.