The End of the Holidays (Part 5)

Ron had too much to drink. He was now talking to Neville Longbottom after they have finished tidying up the yard. Some of the guests were already leaving in groups after helping in the cleanup of the Burrow's backyard.

"You are a lucky bloke, Neville," Ron said as he and Neville sat on a bench.

"Why?" The dark haired boy confusingly asked his friend.

"Because you don't have a cheating girlfriend," he answered sourly.

Neville furrowed his brows in confusion. "What do you mean, Ron?" He asked his friend.

"Did you know that Hermione cheated on me with the Ferret?" The redhead asked his confused friend.

Neville was speechless. Hermione cheated on Ron? He could not believe it. He has known Hermione Granger since their first train ride to Hogwarts. She is one of his true friends ever since. She's both intelligent and kindhearted, she would never cheat on Ron especially with Draco Malfoy. These thoughts swirled on his head.

"I see, you don't know anything about it then?" Ron prodded.

"You must be mistaken, she would never do that," Neville said, defending Hermione.

"Hahaha!" Ron laughed hysterically. "She told me the truth about the Ferret so I'm sure she did!" He told him. "Do you want to know a secret?" He whispered conspiratorially.

Neville was silenced with Ron's words. Hermione cheated on Ron with Malfoy? He knows that they shared the Head's dormitory at Hogwarts but he couldn't believe that Hermione will betray Ron for Malfoy.

"She's bloody pregnant with the Ferret's spawn!" He hissed on Neville's ear when the forgetful boy did not reply to his question.

If Neville Longbottom was speechless earlier, he was so shocked now that he couldn't even move. He was frozen on his seat as Ron's words reached him. Hermione's pregnant with Malfoy's kid?! His eyes were wide and his mouth was wide open in shock.

"I love her, you know. So much, that I will be willing to accept her even if she was already tainted by the Ferret, but when I went to see her at Grimmauld Place, there she was with him!" He hissed angrily, remembering the time he saw them. "You know what's the worst part? Even my own sister betrayed me! And my best friend too! Both of them sided with her!" He added bitterly.

"Ron, I don't know what to say," Neville answered this time, giving his friend a comforting look. He could not believe what he heard but he knew just by looking at the redhead that it was all true.

"Be a friend, Neville, drink with me some more!" Ron invited, lifting a bottle of Firewhisky he nicked at the table before the clean-up.

"You shouldn't drink anymore, you're already drunk, mate," Neville reasoned. "We could just talk a bit more," he said. His grandmother already left hours ago after their dinner so he could stay for a bit longer without her nagging at him.

"Look at those two traitors," Ron said pointing towards Ginny and Harry who were also looking at him from afar. "I'm sure they are watching my every move," he told Neville. He took a swig from the Firewhisky bottle he was holding.

"You should stop drinking, Ron. You're already drunk, mate," Neville suggested again, seeing how his friend drink the whisky straight from its bottle.

"I'll just finish this, then I'll go to sleep," Ron replied, taking another swig from the bottle. "I just need to pass out or else I might do something stupid," he added bitterly. He was still thinking about Hermione, still wanting her but also hating her.

Ginny and Harry slowly went towards the two boys. They were both worried about Ron who was drinking Firewhisky since dinner started earlier.

Seeing Ginny and Harry coming towards them, Neville was relieved. Maybe they could persuade Ron to stop drinking already. He also needed to go home since it's almost two in the morning.

"Ronald, give me the bottle," Ginny said once she was near enough.

Ron just looked at his sister, lifting the bottle again to his mouth, staring daggers at her.

"Please, Ron, that's enough," Harry said firmly. "Let's go inside now," he added, putting his arm on his best friend's shoulder to support him.

"I'm still talk-king t-to Nev-ville," Ron slurred, the alcohol on his system starting to kick in. He  almost fell down as he tried to back away from Harry.

Ginny took the almost empty Firewhisky bottle from her brother's hand while Neville helped Harry support Ron. They all proceeded towards the house, thankful that the Weasley's parents were already in their room earlier.

Neville said goodbye to Harry and Ginny once they had put Ron upstairs and on his bed. He was already half-asleep when they took him upstairs. Ginny stayed in her brother's room while Harry escorted Neville downstairs to the fireplace to Floo home.

"I really hope he'll feel better soon," Ginny whispered to her boyfriend as he sat on the bed beside her.

"I hope so too, Gin," Harry replied. "I don't like seeing him like this," he added.

"How I still wished that nothing happened between Hermione and Malfoy. I hate seeing my brother suffer," the redhead sighed, putting her head on Harry's shoulder.

"We can't do anything about it now, we just need to help Ron accept what happened. They both need our support," the Boy Who Lived replied.

"Good night, Harry," Ginny said after a while, giving him a kiss. "Promise me you'll stay with me," she pleaded, not wanting her heart to be broken like her brother's.

"I promise," he replied sincerely, holding her face. "I would never hurt you, Ginny. I love you so much," he added, kissing her and embracing her tightly.

"I love you too," she replied back, savouring his warmth.

Harry walked her to her bedroom afterwards. He wanted to stay with her but Ron needs him more. He set-up a charm so he'll know if Ron has already awaken before he slept.