Hermione's Decision (Part 3)

When Draco Malfoy and Kreacher reached Malfoy Manor, the blonde wizard had an idea. Surely, Kreacher could obey him because he was also a Black, he thought.

Before the House-elf could disapparate, Draco called to him to try his crazy idea. He really wanted to be with Granger and he will try anything to be near her.

"Kreacher, wait!" Draco called before the elf was about to snap his fingers.

"Master Malfoy called Kreacher?" He asked the wizard.

"Yes, I did," he answered back. "I want to go back to Grimmauld Place later," he told the elf.

Kreacher looked at him for a few seconds before responding. "What time do Master Malfoy want Kreacher to get him?" He asked.

Kreacher was bound to the Blacks, and Draco Malfoy is a Black descendant so he needs to obey him too, as long as he has no intention to harm the registered owner of Grimmauld Place.

"Get me once Potter has returned back to the Ministry after lunchtime," he instructed, amazed that his theory worked.

"Kreacher will come back later," the elf said, bowing at him then disappeared with a snap of his fingers.

********************************************

"Your suggestion is not helping Hermione," Harry Potter whispered to Ginny once they were back at the Burrow. He only has a few minutes left before he needs to go to work.

Thankfully, the Burrow's sitting room was devoid of occupants when they Flooed.

"Why is it not helping?" Ginny snapped at him. "Hermione is a sister to me, and I know she is just confused believing that Malfoy could possibly want her without the intention of just using her! Do you realise that if he and Hermione indeed got married, it will not only ruin Hermione's reputation but the Malfoys will gain back their status in the Wizarding world," she explained heatedly.

"Hermione's smart, she could decide on her own," Harry told her firmly.

"But the Malfoys are cunning! They will do everything to get back what they have lost!" She hissed back.

"Hey, you're back," Ron called from the hallway. He was about to Floo to the Ministry of Magic.

Harry and Ginny almost jumped at his voice. They looked at each other, Ginny glaring at her boyfriend.

"We will talk about this later, don't tell anyone yet, especially Ron," Harry whispered.

Ginny just rolled her eyes in return.

Ron moved towards them, seeing the tension between the two. "Where's Hermione?" He asked them.

"She's still at Grimmauld," Harry replied instantly, not wanting Ginny to have a chance to talk to her brother. "Come on, we're going to be late," he ushered Ron towards the fireplace.

"Okay," the redhead wizard replied, slightly confused. He took some Floo powder and threw it on the empty grate.

"We will talk later," Harry reminded Ginny before stepping into the fireplace. She just glared at him in return.

When Harry stepped out from one of the Ministry's fireplaces, Ron was waiting for him. He gave a nod to his best friend, then they walked through the atrium to the elevators.

"Harry, why is Hermione's staying at Grimmauld?" the redhead asked.

"She needs to do some research in the Grimmauld's library for her homework," the black haired boy replied.

"Is she avoiding me?" Ron asked concerned.

"I don't think so," Harry lied.

"She must be. I'm not that daft you know. I know that both you and Ginny know that we have fought," the redhead told him.