Chapter-5 Christmas Eve

Swandrian exclaimed, "What a relief! I have finally reached my place, my own village. I am feeling so relaxed now. Now, little ones, you don't have to worry anymore. I will now take you two to Joe. He is a very good veteran. You two will be recovered soon".

Hey!!!! Joe 

"How are you? Is everything good? What are your plans for today and tomorrow? Are you going out with Suzina"??

Joe said Hello! Swandrian

I am good, and what about you? I haven't planned much. I will just wrap up all the things early today and take Suzina out for a candlelit dinner. And tomorrow I will spend my time with my family as usual. And I guess you don't have any plans for today or tomorrow as well. As you don't believe in Christmas. Well, what brings you here this time? Is anything bothering you again, or Is somebody hurt? As I have known you since childhood, when you first came here at the age of 8 with your grandparents and two newborn twin sisters after your parents deaths, I guess both of my intuitions are correct. Something is bothering you, and someone is hurt. So, just speak up".

Swandrian said Joe "You ask too many questions now a days whenever I come here. From today on, I will not come here anymore".

Joe said, "Aww, Swandrian, don't be so angry. Ok, I will not ask anymore questions. Happy now.... Now tell me what's the matter".

Swandrian said, "These are the two little munchkins whom I found in a desolate house within the woods. They are in severe pain. I have given them emergency first aid, but still, it's not working. You have to save them anyway. And you have to give them relief from this pain. Now, Quickly  treat them".

Joe said Swandrian. "Don't worry, I have treated them well. And they are now out of danger. These are the few medicines that you have to give them along with the food. And within a week, they will be able to fly and be normal again. By the way, you went to the woods?

Why???? 

When????

How????

And as far as I know, there is no house in the woods. No one leaves, or rather, no one is able to live there. The place is full of woods, and the snow is much thicker there than here. The temperature is much higher than this. No one will be able to survive. And on top of that, it is a restricted area. How come you went there"?

Swandrian said Joe "I will tell you everything, but later on. Now I have to meet Mr. Jones, Mrs. Martina, Alex, Tim, Simon, and Rosy urgently as I have to complete their errands, which are pending. So, I better hurry now. It's already been late. See you later. And wish you and your family a Merry Christmas in advance and you enjoy the day with Suzina too".

She left and went to Mr. Jones, Mrs. Martina, Alex, Tim, Simon, and Rosy individually. And she apologised to everyone for being late and explained everything.

And everyone said the same thing: "I trust you. I know there must be some urgent reason that's why you must be late as you always come on time, but one thing I didn't get is why are you in the woods when no one leaves there, when nothing like that exists, which you have explained just now, and how did you get there, and where are those injured little birds whom you have taken to Joe for treatment".

Swandrian replied to everyone the same way: "I don't know why all of you are saying the same thing and suspecting me. 

You want to see the little ones, right? Here is the little one. Now do you believe me?

Everyone is shocked and gazing at Swandrian.

All of them said together, Swandrian, are you okay?" Did anything happen? We think you need treatment and rest."