CHAPTER 13- THE RECOLLECTION OF THE PAST

The very next day, Swandrian woke up in the morning as usual and did all the housework as well as making breakfast for them. And as usual, she went to call Diana, Darna, and their grandparents for breakfast, but they refused.

All four of them said the same thing: "Why are you here? We don't need you anymore. I think I have made it clear that we don't want to see your face anymore. After yesterday's situation, we thought that you would never return to our home, but I guess we were wrong. You don't have any self-respect. If I were you, I would never have returned here, and I would have died out of embarrassment and guilt. But you are just ridiculous."

Diana and Darna said, "How could you do that? How dare you come back? You have taken the lives of your parents and ours too. Even you have enjoyed the love and affection from both your parents and ours too, although for a little while you  didn't get the love and affection. We don't even know what a parent's love is. We hate you. By seeing your face, we... who do you want to kill this time?"

Swandrian replied, Yes, you all are right. The way you all treated me yesterday, I would have died out of guilt and embarrassment, but there are still some people out there for me who care for me and want me to live, rather than who have made me understand the meaning of life and my purpose in life. So from now on, whether you like me or not, I will serve and protect you all as I used to and as I have promised to your parents, who are mine too, and no matter what, I will never break my promise. You all must have forgotten how much I love you, but I never forgot the love and affection that your parents gave me. It is true that you never get to enjoy or understand a parent's love and affection, but it's not my fault. Still, I have done everything that Mom and Dad should have done if they were alive. And I will do everything I can for all of you. So, please, all of you have your breakfast. I am leaving now because I have certain work to do."

After that, Swandrian leaves.

She went into the woods again to meet Sterly and Marquinous. After going inside the house, she called for them.

Swandrian asked, "Sterly, Marquinous, good morning. Where are you? I have made breakfast for you. Come downstairs quickly otherwise the food will get cold. 

Please hurry up and come; I have to go to work too. I don't have much time. I have come here so early to have breakfast with both of you. So, please come quickly."

After repeated calls when both of them didn't respond, she went upstairs to their rooms, but they were not in their rooms. She searched everywhere in the house, even outside the house, but she didn't find them.

Swandrian too, herself "Where did they go so early in the morning? It's 7:30 am now, and I have to reach the village by 8:30 am. I can't wait any longer for them. It is better that I cover the food and run as fast as possible. As there is no time left for me to have breakfast. When they return home, they will eat the breakfast. Let me put a note here; otherwise, they will be shocked again."

After writing a note stating that "I have made breakfast for you both, please have it, I have waited for you a lot, but you were not at home, so I am writing this because I cannot wait any longer, so please don't mind. And I am sorry." She ran from the house towards Kafiro Village.

Sterly and Marquinous together said among themselves, "How helpless we are. We are in the house, but neither she can see us nor hear us. Even because of us, she didn't have breakfast. This is not right. Let's have the breakfast she has made for us with love. If we don't eat, then she will be very sad and upset."

After that again in the afternoon and evening, she brought lunch and dinner as well, but the same thing happened again. She again wrote a note and left.

After seeing this, both Marquinous and Sterly decided that they would write a note for Swandrian so that she never came back here. As soon as they see her like that, they feel helpless. Because Swandrian can't hear them and they can't talk to her, it will be the best option to communicate with her without violating any rules.