Chapter 8(1)

{I'll probably be splitting the rest of the chapters into parts like this one.}

Crack

On a sunny day only ruined by school, a loud crack was present in the quiet café owned by the elder man Charles. The noise was caused by our protagonist, Y/N, who's grip seemed to have broken the work phone.

All the customers that were ordering were looking at him. most out of concern for the boy and a few out curiosity. Most of the people in the café knew Y/N from around the block and after hearing that he got a job as a cook, they quickly flocked around the place at an ungodly rate that made Y/N shiver at the work. They basically know the teen but not well enough to have see him react like this to something.

The young worker took a deep breath in and put his hands on his face to stop himself from getting angrier.

"Is something the matter, my boy?"

Charles didn't quite know the delinquent well but after spending a few days with him, he's already looking like a grandfather to him.

Y/N nodded his head slowly and took his hands off his face.

"Just some slut..."

Y/N muttered under his breath. The teenager looked up to a clock hanging up on a wall on his right.

Y/N: "Looks like I need to go now."

Charles: "That's good and all, but are you seriously going with those clothes on?"

Y/N: "Obviously not, I'm already wearing it."

The old man was confused until Y/N started to unbutton his uniform.

Charles: "You better be wearing something under that."

Y/N: "What the hell do you see me as?"

Under his dress shirt was his school uniform. Charles stared at Y/N's uniform, with narrowed eyes. The teen noticed his boss staring at him and pointed it out.

Y/N: "What's up boss? Is something wrong?"

Charles: "Why in the bloody hell did you wear two buttoned up shirts to work and a blazer on top of it?"

Y/N looked at him, unsure whether it was a rhetorical question or not.

Y/N: "Because I have work early in the morning and school...?"

Charles: "You don't have to wear the dress shirt to work. You could just tie the blazer around your waist."

Y/N paused for a few seconds and snapped his fingers.

"Ah-"

Charles: "I see those delinquents' stupidity is rubbing off on you."

Y/N did what the older man suggested and then switched out his shoes. He went into the fridge and pulled a box out and as he was about to leave; he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to be met with Charles handing him a bag. Y/N was confused on what and why his boss gave him it.

Charles: "Too many other people are at the cafeteria for you to get any food, right? Well, the little ladies took the weekend to make you something for you. Even with my supervision over them, I doubt it would be edible."

Y/N's eyes slightly widen before grabbing it with a small smile on his face. He bowed to the older man and said a small 'thanks' and then walked away.

'Man, that was pretty thoughtful of them, even if it is pretty shit...'