Chapter 10 (1)

"..."

Y/N stared blankly out of the wooden sliding doors to the sun. His face dripping with sweat. His hands carried a wooden sword, similar to the one Kunieda held. His hands were red and covered in blisters from holding it all day.

'What the hell am I doing here?'

"2nd Form: Hyakka Midare Zakura!"

Behind Y/N came a pink light, engulfing anything that is in the way of its path. Before it was able to reach the boy, he quickly turned his head to it and swatted it away with a quick downward slash into the ground, destroying a large part of the wooden floorboards.

"Damnit, I just fixed those!" Y/N complained, sounding a little out of breath

Suddenly from behind the smoke cloud created from the pink energy blast came a familiar, long blue hair. "Quit focusing on the floor!" Aoi swung her wooden sword at Y/N, creating an attack similar to the one she did on Oga, but much thinner and precise.

Y/N whistled at the technique, bringing the sword in front of himself. "Not bad, you're already able to use that worm move without charging it up like last time." He squinted at the attacks thrown at him, seeing the several individual slashes slowly creeping closer towards him.

He then quickly and lightly tapped each attack, slightly diverting it away just enough to pass by the boy's head and sides. Aoi continued to use her second technique on Y/N until he aimed one of his strikes towards her hand.

And the next thing Aoi knew, she was flipped off of her feet onto her back.

"Gah-!"

Y/N then brought the wooden sword down and stabbed it beside her head, causing her to let out a barely audible squeak.

"Meh, I'd give you a C for your improvement."

"Not even a B...?"

Y/N sighed, then turned to look over to the other side of the room. "I really can't understand why I'm your training dummy, Ku."

The boy casually nicknamed the swordswoman, seemingly completely comfortable around her. On the other hand, Kunieda was surprised at the name. It had been years since she had heard the embarrassing name come out from Y/N's mouth. She almost welcomed it.

"Why are you asking? You're the one getting paid for this- and don't call me that again."

Almost.

"Either that, Kun, Nieda, or just K."

She pushed herself back up into a sitting position, clearly exhausted from the non-stop training she had been doing. Kunieda no longer had the strength to try to reprimand the boy.

Meanwhile, Y/N stared down at her while leaning on the wooden sword. He questioned the sudden change and request he was given by her.

Originally, his immediate impulse was to decline the girl, but re-thought it after the small bribe she gave him. He was surprised to say the least. More-so from the abruptness of it than the person asking or the reason than the payment.

Although he had questions, he already knew they would lead to her avoiding it or just changing the subject.

"Haaah...Were you always this much of a pain when we were little or was I just energetic back then?" He mumbled to himself, thinking back almost a decade ago when he first moved to Japan.

"Sorry, what'd you say?" Despite his attempt to lower his voice, Kunieda seemed to have heard it clearly. Her smile clearly betraying her inner emotions, but that didn't scare or startle the boy in the slightest. He simply blinked at her and quietly thought about Oga and the demon baby.