Lost and Found

Mentions of weapons, lots of panicking, anxiety, brief mentions of gunshots
_______________________________________________
Six Months after finding Hyunjin and Changbin...
——————————————————————————

It had been two years, he had been training for two years and Minho was still nervous. Well, okay, he had a right to be. It was his first time raiding a compound. He was a little scared that they were up against something bigger than them, and he didn't know why they would take him along with them, he was surely going to be a weight to the team.

"Minho! Get a move on! We're almost there." His teammate beside him practically screamed into his ear, tearing him from his anxious thoughts and back into an even bigger anxiety inducer, reality. He couldn't do this. He was tempted to run back to his base, to ditch his team, but that wouldn't be very kind of him. Plus, he would get punished, and Minho would do anything to get away from that.

Minho huffed out an anxious and strangled breath back at the man, "I'm trying to, if I'm going so slow why are you back here with me?" He raised his eyebrow at him, and his teammate just continued to travel forward with the team. Minho focused back to his thoughts. Maybe thinking about the punishments would push him towards this raid instead of away. Why not scare himself more?

"No Minho, just push forward with your own strength, not the strength of your fear." He mumbled to himself. "Nowhere is safe, everywhere you go is scary, just deal with this." He sped up, catching up close to the back of the team. Panicked thoughts clouded his mind, what if he did something wrong? Maybe he could just run away once this was over. That would be freeing, but they'd surely catch him.

He saw the leader of his team motion for them to spread out along the outer areas of the building. They were here, and Minho still wasn't mentally prepared for this event. Things were going to go very wrong. With shaking legs, Minho managed to travel towards the left entrance of the building without stumbling.

He knew his teammates couldn't see his look of fear from under the bulky, black glasses he was wearing, but he felt as though they could feel how scared he was. So, when a teammate yelled at him to move again, he jumped out of his skin. "You okay there, buddy?" A different voice said. It wasn't mocking or rude, but genuinely curious and concerned. He turned to see a teammate standing next to him. All he could do was nod, proud of himself for not letting the movement get shaky. "Good," the man clubbed him in the shoulder with the back of his gun. "Then move." So much for being nice.

Before Minho could unfreeze his body, his team ran into the building through the side door. He sighed, they really didn't care about him, did they? He still couldn't believe he was stuck with them.

Minho knew he didn't need to go in at this point. They wouldn't even know he was gone. No Minho, you're not doing that, just go in. He took a deep breath, shifted his view to see if anyone was coming, and ran inside.

It was like the air was knocked out of him as soon as he entered the building. He didn't hit anything, there wasn't any smoke, he just couldn't breathe. He was freaking out, and had no way of controlling his emotions as he let his anxiety drag him through the building. There were so many doors, and no good places to hide. This compound was so open, and... homey. Minho frowned, he couldn't imagine how good the people here had it.

He paused, what if they didn't? He didn't think that there could be any good place to train or live in around this city. It was a train wreck. But here felt so different, so peaceful, he almost didn't want to leave. He relished in the happy moment he had for a few seconds before everything was ruined again. Gun shot noises ripped through the walls of the building, and Minho threw himself to the floor. He had to get out of here.