Chapter 36 - Alone Time

Daemon POV

Matias's parents stayed at the packhouse for the night, deciding that they would go home sometime tomorrow. We talked for what felt like, and probably was, hours. They sat with us at dinner, and the rest of the pack was pleased to see them too. No surprise, considering that they were the previous Alpha pair.

Jamie and Sam had joined us sometime along the way, and Emilia had immediately taken a liking to Jamie. She knew who he was right away, recognizing him. That did not change her opinion on him though, still showering him with attention and love. It was an adorable sight, seeing him giggling and running around with Emilia and the rest of the pack children.

Around ten o-clock, Jamie came stumbling back with a tired-ou,t but smiling, Emilia. Jamie dropped into my lap and curled up, and Emilia sat down next to her mate, placing her head on his shoulder. Anthony just laughed, placing a kiss on her head. I looked down at Jamie with a smile, smoothing out his wild curls. Matias was sitting right beside me, and he chuckled.

"I think it's bedtime." He whispered, and I nodded in agreement. Matias took Jamie into his arms and stood up, and I pushed myself up after a second. Emilia and Anthony were already standing, and the second I was on my feet Emilia had me crushed into a mother hug.

"It was so great to finally meet you, really." She pushed away, her hands staying planted on my shoulders as she looked me in the eyes.

"We're glad you've decided to stay." She whispered, her eyes sparkling with a motherly love. I felt my eyes water, and she cooed as she pulled me back into her arms. My own came up and wrapped around her as I buried my face in her neck. One of her hands soothingly pets down my hair, while the other rubbed my back.

"Anthony and I will always be here for you, no matter what you need." She whispered. I smiled, before picking my head up. She released me and I took a step back.

"Thank you, thank you so much," I whispered, looking at Emilia, then Anthony. They both smiled and excused themselves back inside to their room. I turned to look at Matias, who was already looking at me. He smiled and stepped closer, leaning over and pressing a kiss to my head.

"Let's get to bed." He whispered, and I nodded, and we made our way back into the house.

___

We put Jamie in his own room that night, so now Matias and I lay facing each other on his bed. One of his arms was wrapped around my waist, the other laying in between us. We weren't talking about anything, just sitting there comfortably, enjoying each other's presence.

"Daemon?" Matias's soft voice broke the silence, and I opened my eyes and looked at him. He started rubbing little circles into my side with the hand that rested there, and I immediately knew I wasn't going to enjoy where this conversation was going. I hummed though, acknowledging that I heard him.

"Do you want to talk about your parents?" He asked, and I froze. No, I really didn't, but I was going to have to sooner or later, and the more I put it off, the more I wouldn't be able to move on.

"I wouldn't really call them parents," I whispered, looking at his hand instead of his face. Matias pulled me closer, and I sighed.

"There isn't much to tell. My mother beat me when I didn't do what she wanted, and my father was a drunk who didn't do anything to stop her. He didn't usually join in, but when he did it hurt." I heard a small growl slip past Matias's lips, and I looked up at him. He was staring down at me, and when I met his eyes he pulled me even closer to him. We were now chest to chest, my hands pressed up against his chest. I sighed as I pushed my face into his neck, breathing his scent in deeply. I closed my eyes, just sitting there contently.

"Why?" His voice sounded forced, yet still soft, and I knew he was probably battling his wolf for control.

"I don't know. I wasn't the perfect son they wanted. Only a few inches below average height and I was just a disgrace. I was never really athletic I guess, besides the normal athleticism that comes with being a werewolf." I shrugged, pulling away from his neck. I looked at him and saw the anger swirling in his eyes, the restraint he was just barely holding onto. I moved one of my hands from his chest to cup his cheek, and his eyes met mine. The anger still lingered, but he slowly stopped fighting his wolf.

"I'm here now, I'm away from them and I don't want to think about them anymore." I smiled softly, pushing the thoughts of my parents out of my mind. Matias leaned into my touch, pressing a soft kiss to my hand. His grip on my waist pulled me impossibly closer, and at this point, I was basically laying on him.

"You're right. There is nothing we can do now," He smiled at me and I smiled back. I closed my eyes again as I cuddled into him, but still heard his whispered words,

"Other than go kill them." I pulled my head away from his chest and gave him a disapproving look. He blinked innocently down at me like he didn't just suggest what he did.

"We're not killing anyone," I sighed.

"You're not." He retorted, playfulness edging his voice. I rolled my eyes, swatting him lightly on the chest.

"Nobody is. I, we, don't need to start a war over something so small." I said, and he frowned.

"You being abused isn't small, Daemon." He stated, and I just shrugged.

"It wasn't as bad as it could have been," I whispered, not looking at him. He sighed, dropping his head to press his forehead to mine, and our eyes locked.

"Abuse is still abuse, no matter how small." He said, holding my eyes. I didn't reply, just gave him a small nod. I didn't really believe him, but I didn't want to argue. He offered me a small smile, before moving his head and kissing me between my eyebrows.

"I love you," He whispered as he placed his atop mine. I nuzzled into his neck, smiling.

"I love you too," I replied before sleep took us both.

All right y'all, I know it's short, I'm sorry, I suck at writing 'filler' chapters. I'm going to try and get more chapters out in a week now, but no promises because I'm lazy as shit. There will still ALWAYS be an update on Tuesdays though.

Once again, I cannot say this enough, thank you all so much for reading and sticking with this. It's the first-ever story I've published, and I know there are plenty of questionable character traits and actions. BUT, I thank you all for voting, your comments always make me laugh, and thank you so, so much for reading. I could not say it enough. <3