Chapter 45 - New Rogue

Daemon POV

Oh. My. Goddess. We really couldn't just have one day.

When I woke up, Matias was not at my side and I was not encased in his warmth, and that is not the best way to wake up.

Groaning, I rolled over onto my back and stared up at the ceiling, mind linking Matias.

Matias?

Good morning, love. He replied almost immediately. I smiled.

Good morning. Where are you? And why am I not being cuddled right now? I asked, and I could practically see him roll his eyes through the link.

Something came up, I'll tell you when you come down. I could hear the sigh in his voice, and I groaned, picking my head up and slamming it back down on the bed.

We can't have one good week with anything interfering, can we? I asked, and he chuckled.

We will, eventually. I sighed again, closing my eyes as the link cut off. I lay there for a few more minutes before I decided I should go find out what disturbed my mate enough that I didn't wake up in his arms.

___

I stepped into Matias's office with a sigh, and he looked up from the paper in his hands to offer me a smile. I returned it weakly, before dropping down in one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"What happened now?" I asked, dropping my head back against the chair. I heard the rustle of paper and the creaking of a chair. In the next couple of seconds, his hands were on my shoulders, massaging gently. I took a deep breath, keeping my eyes closed. He sighed before his voice broke the silence.

"Your mother," he hissed the word mother, "didn't reach her packhouse yesterday." I opened my eyes, looking straight up to meet his.

"What do you mean?" I asked, and Matias sighed.

"She went rogue in the vehicle that was transporting her back. One of the officers escaped, she killed the other two while they were caught off guard." My eyes went wide as he finished, and it felt like everything in me stopped. The only thing I could hear was my heart beating extremely loudly in my ears.

"Daemon? Love, it'll be ok," Matias was now in front of me, his hands still on my shoulders as his thumbs rubbed soothing circles into my skin. I closed my eyes, leaning my head forward to meet his. He pulled me up off the chair, wrapping his arms around me in a hug.

"So she's rogue and out in the wild now?" I asked, my voice quiet and weak. Matias hugged me tighter, one hand wrapped around my waist while the other came up to thread through my hair.

"She is, yes, but she won't be for long. Her pack is already searching, and if she comes anywhere near us they have permitted us to kill." Matias whispered into my hair, smoothing it down. I sighed again into his chest, my arms hanging limp at my side.

"Goddess, that woman can't just disappear peacefully," I mumbled, and Matias hummed in agreement. We stayed like that for a little bit, and eventually, I gently wrapped my arms around his waist, leaning further into him.

"We're going to be alright. She's not that dangerous, not compared to us." Matias whispered, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

I could take her out easily. My wolf snarled in my head, and I opened my eyes in surprise.

Wow, haven't heard from you in a while. I said, shocked a little bit. He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

It's not like normal wolves can talk to the human counterpart. Woudln't it be weirder if I did speak? He asked, and I rolled my eyes but agreed.

Not like you're normal anyways. I replied, and he just snorted, before disappearing back to wherever he came from in my head.

"Daemon?" Matias pulled me out of my head and I looked up at him, confusion laced in his eyes.

"Sorry, my wolf was putting in his two cents," I shrugged, and Matias smiled a little. He pulled out of our hug, holding me at arm's length.

"And what did he have to say?" Matias asked, and I shrugged.

"Just that he apparently could take her if she did show up." Matias looked thoughtful for a second before also shrugging.

"I don't know. We haven't seen him in action yet, so it is a possibility." I hummed, and I could feel my wolf's presence in the back of my mind again as he listened.

"We could let you and him join in on a training session if you want to try it out," Matias suggested, and my wolf immediately piped up,

Yes. Let's do that. I snorted at his enthusiasm. Matias cocked an eyebrow, smirking.

"I assume he likes that idea?" Matias asked, and I nodded.

In all honesty, it probably wouldn't hurt. I could pick up a few things in human form too so I could defend myself a bit better, and he would love to get out more. He hasn't been out much at all.

I could tell he was nodding his furry head, his tail wagging in excitement. I released a deep sigh, closing my eyes and leaning into Matias again. He let me, resting his arms on my shoulders.

"Will you be there too?" I asked, and he nodded, letting one of his hands run through my hair.

"Of course. I'll be there to help with whatever you need." I hummed in acknowledgment.

When do we start? My wolf asked happily, now having something he could look forward to.

"He would like to know when we start," I mumbled, and Matias chuckled.

"There is a session tomorrow. I probably would have gone to it anyway because I need to get back in shape, I haven't been doing them lately. And it would help the pack if I were there, and you too to maybe get to know you better." He suggested, and my wolf yipped in excitement.

"I guess that works." I groaned, and Matias leaned down and placed a kiss on my head.

"What time does it start?" I asked, looking up at Matias, my chin poking into his chest. He smirked, eyes laced with amusement.

"Seven A.M.," I groaned.

"Of course it does," I groaned, dropping my head so I could bury my face back in his chest.

My wolf was very happy at the idea he would get to train tomorrow and finally shift again, though.

I just didn't want to have to wake up that early.

Kind of a short chapter, sorry. I'm going to try and get another one out sometime this week though, hopefully.

(I tend to procrastinate a lot though, but I promise I'll try.)

Thank you everyone for reading! I love seeing all your comments and the interaction with my story. <33