Chapter 21: Godmother

With a loud crack, Cassie appeared in front of a small, dainty house with a beautiful rose garden surrounding it. She knocked on the door a few times, impatiently tapping her finger on her leg. She was an auntie! Finally!

Ernest swung the door open and immediately pulled her into a hug. She chuckled and hugged him back. "Congratulations," she cheered, "dad!" He hugged her even tighter after that. She couldn't remember if they had ever hugged before.

"Oh thank you!" he said, pulling away to look at her. There were tears in his eyes and he was glowing with pride. "A dad. I'm a dad! I have two wonderful daughters!" He did a little dance before inviting her in. "Mandy is dying for you to get here! She keeps asking me to check if you and Hermione aren't already outside! Padma has just arrived."

"I came as soon as I could. Neville and I were on a date in Hogsmeade and we had to quickly pay and he's off to tell McGonagall where I am and he said he'd come as soon as possible," she explained quickly, following him up the stairs.

"That's alright. That's alright. You've got to meet them, Cassie. They're the most beautiful little humans ever," he cooed, talking fast. She had never seen him this happy. She smiled excitedly and he guided her to their bedroom and opened the door for her.

Mandy was sitting on the bed, her hair was pulled back in a ponytail, still a right mess and covered in sweat. Though she seemed exhausted, which made sense, she too was beaming with pride and joy. A tiny little baby wrapped in a blanket laid in her arms. Padma was sitting next to her, holding their other daughter. Even Percy was there, sitting on his knees by the bed, looking at the baby his girlfriend was holding.

"Oh Cassie," Mandy whispered. "You're finally here. Oh come here, come here, please," she waved her over. Cassie walked over to her side of the bed slowly and sat down next to her. Tears formed in her eyes again.

"Oh Mandy," she whispered, looking at the children Padma and she were holding. "They're beautiful." The newborns were snoozing peacefully in their arms. "They're so beautiful." A tear slipped down her cheek and she wiped it away quickly.

"Aren't they?" Mandy whispered back, smiling brightly. "This is Elena Rosalia MacMillan named after my mum. And Padma's holding dear Irene Cassia MacMillian, after Ernest's mum and well..." Cassie looked at Mandy, pressing her lips together hard to try and hold back tears. "Yes, Cassia," Mandy whispered.

"Cassia?" she whispered. Her heart skipped a beat. Cassia. Cassia as in Cassie as in Cassandra as in her name. "After-"

"Yes, after you," Mandy told her. Cassie tried her hardest not to start bawling her eyes out. Mandy had named her child after her. "May she grow up to be as strong and smart as you."

"Oh, Mandy, you're going to make me sob," she whispered. Mandy kissed her cheek. "How are we going to keep them apart?" she teased with a slight chuckle, trying to keep herself from crying. Mandy chuckled softly and then removed Elena's pink little hat. "Oh Merlin," Cassie gasped, her eyes widening.

The little baby had only a few hairs on her tiny head, but they were bright pink. Elena stirred a little and her hair turned blue. "Yep. Elena is Metamorphagus like my mum," Mandy explained. "Irene hasn't shown signs of it just yet so I'm guessing that must be our trick to keep them apart. And Irene has a mole on the back of her neck, Elena doesn't."

Cassie nodded and stroked the baby's tummy over the blanket gently. She was almost afraid to do so, scared she may break the fragile-looking child. She was so tiny and cute, they both were. Cassie had never thought newborns could be beautiful, but of course, Mandy just had to prove her wrong and create the most beautiful little humans ever.