Chapter 24: Easter Holidays

The rest of the week Cassie worked with a knot in her stomach. Every day the Daily Prophet posted new names of people who registered. Usually, there were only three to five names, but still. These people got exposed for something they had no power over. Cassie wasn't one of the names. Yet.

Neville had assured her that whatever happened, he would be with her and he would fight for her rights. He was incredibly supportive and she couldn't be more grateful. All the staff was supportive, even Filch had been nice to her and he was never nice to anyone.

Some students had gone home for the Easter Holidays but most of them had stayed to focus on their exams. Neville and Cassie, however, were preparing to leave as well. For two days and one night, they would be staying with Ron and Hermione.

Cassie was excited but nervous. She was going to tell Ron about her lycanthropy and ask him what the Ministry was planning to do with people with lycanthropy. She feared he may get angry with her and Hermione for not having told them before and she would hate to get her friend in trouble.

There was a soft knock on her door and she quickly slipped on her cloak. "Coming!" she called out. She quickly picked up her bag with some fresh clothes and other things and walked over to the door. Neville smiled at her and greeted her with a quick peck on her lips.

"Hi," she smiled. "Are you ready?" He nodded and held out his hand. She took it and locked her door before putting her wand in the pocket of her cloak.

"Are you excited?" he asked. She nodded, giving his hand a soft squeeze.

"Very! Hermione says the house is beautiful," she told him. She had never been to their house yet because they had moved in not long ago. "But I'm also a bit nervous," she confessed. He nodded.

"I understand, sunflower," he said. "It'll be okay. I'm right there with you." She loved it when he reminded her that she wasn't alone in this. However alone she may feel sometimes, Neville would never let her go through it by herself. He was there for her.

A few students giggled as they passed them, holding hands, but they shrugged it off with a smile. Students loved their relationship and it was quite often that someone was bold enough to ask either of them during class how things were going. They never answered, just shrugged it off with a chuckle.

They walked away from Hogwarts grounds before apparating near Hermione and Ron's new home. Hermoine had been right; it was beautiful there. Neville was looking around with big eyes.

They were surrounded by green. Trees, bushes, grass, hills, and a dainty little house with a big garden filled with flowers. "Wow," Cassie said in awe. Neville nodded and gave her hand another squeeze. They walked up to the door and Cassie knocked.

Hermione opened it up and flew into Cassie's arms. "Cassie!" she cheered happily. Cassie chuckled and hugged her tightly. She had missed her friend even though she had seen her only a month ago at Mandy's house. "Hi, Neville!" Hermione hugged Neville, who greeted her back.

"Hi Hermione," Cassie greeted her. "You were right! It's absolutely gorgeous here! And your house! It's so cute!" Hermione smiled brightly and nodded.

"We've still got so much to do about the garden and the inside of the house but it's already looking so great. We feel really at home here," she smiled before waving for them to come on in. "I'm so excited to have you here! Do you want tea?"

"Hi Neville, Cassie!" Ron greeted them as Hermione led them into the kitchen. The kitchen was small and there was a kitchen table with four chairs in the same area. The walls were painted in white except for one green wall and the cabinets were painted in the same green colour. There was a separating wall between the living room and the kitchen and Cassie peaked into the living room.