LOKI POV

Today was exhausting, I miss the days where I could get people to do things for me. However Thor would be up my arse if I decided to go back down that path again. The temptation was always there, lingering, waiting for me to slip back into the man I was when I first met this group of idiots I now class as, well friends I guess.
"Loki! Brother, we certainly earned a drink today. Come let's go celebrate!" Thor chirps as he thumps me on the back. This man and his lack of personal space will be the undoing of me.
"Unless you take your hands off me, we'll be mourning not celebrating you brainless oaf." I know his reaction will be the same as always. He laughs tells me to stop moaning and get my arse to the bar. As we walk through the door, something feels different, more alive. I can't put my finger on what it is but it awakens every nerve in my body, I don't know if I'm getting ready to fight someone or defend them. Either way it's not a feeling I'm comfortable with. One of these days I'm hoping these midguardian feelings will become normal to me. However I find myself thinking the more time I spend here, the more of these I'm going to feel.

Walking into the living area Thor is already at the bar with a beer in his hand, even in a different land the idiot is loud and a pain in my arse. As I walk up to Stark I realise I don't even know what this damn party is even for.
"So Tin Man, why are we having yet another party? Also why do I have to be here?"
"Tin Man? Seriously? Your insults are deteriorating. To answer your questions, the party is for Clint's daughter, to make her feel welcome. She's been alone most of her life, we want her to feel safe and secondly you're here because like it or not you're part of the team now. So suck it up, have a drink and try not to piss anyone off."

Seriously? That birdbrain turns up with a daughter and that requires a whole get together where I have to tolerate these mortals for longer than usual. I'd much rather be up on the roof watching the stars, I often sit and wonder what would've happened if Asgard had survived, would I be king of the golden city? Leaving that dream behind in the rubble was one of the hardest things I've done.
I'm sat nursing some drink these mortals tell me is bourbon, it's alright, nothing like the blue lagoon you'd get in Asgard, that shit would knock you out for days if you drank too much. I'm listening to the rest of the team talk about how Clint's daughter whose name I learnt is y/n has lived mostly alone since she was 7 years old and how hard that must've been for her, when I notice Bucky staring. When I look at what he's staring at I see why he's mesmerised. She's beautiful.

She's walking making small talk to anyone who talks to her but I can feel how uncomfortable she is. Wait, why can I feel it? I'm not in her mind, this isn't something I'm accustomed to. When I read a mind or touch someone, sure then I can feel them. This is different, there's a warmth to the feeling I've never felt before. For the first time since arriving tonight I smile, this night just got interesting.

I'm watching as everyone makes their way up to her, Stark being ever the obnoxious gentleman that girls love to hate. Steve being the guy that girls swoon over, one by one they say hello and she giggles this sweet giggle that makes my heart clench. I watch as Bucky makes his way over and her eyes dilute and I feel her mood change, she likes this imbecile? Every part of me wants to rip off that arm of his and shove it where I'm pretty sure he'll never get it out. However I won't show my emotions, no that's a mortal thing to do. I may live among them but I'm above all of them, I'll claim my prize when it's most beneficial to me. There's something about this woman that has me intrigued, and I don't just mean the way her trousers stick to her shapely legs, or the way her boots make her legs look about a mile long. Or the way her top clings to those curves, she's not skinny like an Asguardian, it's so much more appealing. It's also not the way her eyes are so brown they're almost black, like you could look into them and see your soul staring back. No it's none of them things, she radiates power, that's what intrigues me. It has to be that because wanting a mortal is not something I'd ever lower myself to do.

As if she can read my mind, her eyes snap to mine and she smirks, she actually smirks. At me!

Oh this is going to be fun!