LOKI POV

She'd been in the training room for a couple of hours. When I went down once to see how she was doing, I saw that idiot grinning at her as Steve had her pinned to the wall. He was giving her advice on how to avoid the move next time. It wasn't his hands on her that irritated me or the fact he was so close to her face. It was the way his friend was watching like he was ready to eat her up, I knew the look because I'd felt it too in the kitchen this morning when she was clearing up, shaking her backside in them scraps of material she called leggings. I'd never wanted to throw someone over my shoulder and take them back to my bed, but this girl was bringing out all sorts of firsts for me. She was the first person I'd let my walls down for, the first person that I'd let sleep next to me and the first person that had seen I'm not always the monster I paint myself out to be. So yeah seeing him look at her that way had angered me to the point I wanted to take my dagger and lodge it in his trousers, perhaps then he'd think twice. The problem was, she isn't mine and she never will be, to have someone get so close that they can be used as a weakness just wasn't something that I was going to let happen. It's bad enough I have Thor to worry about but at least he's a God, he has the strength to take on almost any enemy we come across. This mortal however would be the perfect leverage for one of my many enemies, no matter the strength of her powers she would always be a weakness because all mortals are weak.

After taking myself up to the roof, the one place I knew no one else regularly went I leant against the wall. I had to find a way to stop this girl getting under my skin and into my heart because I know once she's there there will be no way of letting her go. After a while I started hearing a commotion inside, I could hear shouting and banging on doors. These mortals sure know how to make a noise, walking inside I stopped when I realised everyone was outside y/n's room. They were trying to get in but she wasn't having any of it.
Barton turned to Steve, "Cap, break it down. Now!" The idea of someone bursting into her room, against her will just does not sit right with me.
"I know you're worried Clint but breaking it down might make it worse.."
All of a sudden there's a scream in my mind so loud it's like a siren, even for one as strong as me it makes me hold the wall to steady myself, only once it dies down do I realise it was a scream of pain from y/n. The others are looking at me waiting for an explanation so I hold up a finger. Searching for the path that the scream travelled along I send one word back along it in hopes it finds her, she's in pain and I have no idea why but when I find out I will rip apart whoever put the pain there. I know I've been successful when I hear her reply.

Y/N: Loki?
Loki: What's going on love?
Y/N: It hurts, it hurts so much. I can't make it stop. Why won't it stop?

The others are still watching me, waiting for me to tell them what's going on. Well this should be an interesting conversation. I look straight at Barton, not really caring for the opinion of any of them but she is his daughter after all. "I can hear her." It's a simple explanation but he seems confused, had he really no idea that part of her powers was telepathy? It wasn't that hard to figure out and I'd only known her a day. "In here," I point to my head, "I can hear her in here, she's in pain and she's scared. If you go storming in there it is only going to make it about a hundred times worse. Just wait a minute."
Turning from them I reach back along the connection to reach her again.

Loki: The energy you have is trying to protect you little one, you need to let it do its job. By fighting it, you're making it think you are the enemy.
Y/N: How do I do that? Oh my God, Loki why won't the pain stop?
Loki: You need to focus on what parts of that energy are trying to escape, is it love? Fear? Healing? Or something else?

I can feel her focusing on her body, by taking back some of the control I notice she's not in so much pain anymore. Then I feel her reaching back through.