Y/N Pov

You're sat at the bar talking to Nat. Loki on the other side of you rubbing small circles on your thigh. He's not taken his hands off you all night, usually it would be suffocating but you know he's just making sure you're still there. After being away this long you can't say you blame him. Telling him that you are leaving again tomorrow is not going to go down well but there's one last thing you need to do before you come home. Seeing everyone happy again is just what you needed. Bucky had convinced you to at least show your face for a little while, reminding you that the others were hurting without you. You know that when everyone leaves you'll have a million questions to answer but for now you just enjoy a few drinks and laugh with your family. It's only then that it hits you that you don't see them as just friends anymore. You'd lay down your life for each and every one of them, they are your family. A smile stretches across your lips and for the first time in a long time you feel happy. You notice Loki giving you a questioning look but you just kiss his hand and that seems to satisfy him for now.

As the evening winds down you're all sat around laughing and joking until your Dad looks at you. "So kiddo, care to tell us what you've been up to for all this time?" You start to feel anxious and Loki notices and speaks up. "She'll tell you when she's ready Barton, don't put her on the spot like that. Just be happy she's back." You place your hand on top of his. "It's ok Loki, they deserve to know." You squeeze his hand in reassurance.
"Well as you all know I left to try and control my powers, a few visits with Dr Strange and that was done. He taught me different ways to manipulate the energy and how to focus when my emotions got the better of me. He's still trying to find out where my powers have come from considering both my parents don't have them." Your Dad looks down at the floor at the mention of your mum but you know it's hard for him, even after all these years to hear and talk about her. You stop and take a deep breath. "Then I spent a lot of time researching nightmares, I was convinced they were more than just some scary dreams. I wanted to understand what they were trying to tell me. After a couple of months I knew. There's someone out there that needs my help, someone with a power like mine, like Loki's too. I've spent weeks trying to work out where they are and I'm close. I needed more information though. That's when Bucky showed up." You let out a sigh of relief once you've told everyone. You watch as they take in what you've told them.

Tony is the first one to talk, "If it was information you needed, why not come home? We could've helped." You snigger. "Tony, am I right in assuming you've been struggling to get information for your own missions?" He turns a bright shade of red and you laugh. "Exactly. I had the time and the peace and quiet to work alone. Once I discovered the equipment in the basement of where I've been staying I had everything I needed. I figured I'd come back when I had everything I needed. Then Bucky showed his face and I knew it wouldn't be long before the rest of you turned up too. So here I am." Leaning into Loki you feel your eyelids getting heavy as the lack of sleep over the last couple of days catches up with you. You hear them muttering amongst themselves but don't pay attention. The next thing you know strong arms are lifting you up and carrying you. You know by the scent it's Loki so you snuggle into him and feel him chuckle.

Loki: Not mine? I don't think so Little One. Sleep, we can talk about whatever is worrying you in the morning.

You don't respond and just let him lay you on the bed. The nightmares come thick and fast. You've learnt how to block out the pain when you're in there. You know it's not real. After a while you hear the voice as usual and reassure them you're close and they've just got to hang on a bit longer. Before you know it, you're awake. Loki is sleeping soundly beside you and you take a moment to study his features, the length of his lashes and the strong jawline. For a while you lay there and watch him until there is a light tap at the door. Carefully untangling yourself from him you open the door to see Bucky. "It's time." Two words that make your heart sink. You knew you'd be leaving again whilst everyone slept, they'd never let you go otherwise but it doesn't make it any easier. Turning round you walk over to Loki and kiss him lightly on the forehead. "I'm sorry my love, but this is something I need to do alone. Pulling out the note you wrote for him last night you leave it on the pillow and leave the room. As you're walking to the garage with Bucky you feel heartbroken. Bucky nudges you with his shoulder, "He never would've let you go. In time he'll understand doll. Let's get out of here. What car you stealing this time?" You smile, it's a pain not being able to teleport others with you but at least having nothing to carry means you can take your bike this time. You walk over to the side behind your bike and throw a helmet at Bucky. "We're not stealing anything, we're taking my baby." He looks at you with excitement. "Yes! And this is why you're my best friend, let's go!" You can't help but share in his enthusiasm. "Alright soppy prick, come on."