Loki POV

She sits curled up in my lap for what seems like eternity, not moving or speaking. I feel helpless to help her, the feeling doesn't sit right with me. I don't do being helpless but pushing her right now will not help her open up to me so I'll keep quiet for now.

Y/N: I can feel your worry and agitation. Just give me time please? I'll tell you tonight I promise.
Loki: How about I take you out for dinner and you tell me?
Y/N: That sounds nice. Where are we going?
Loki: Leave that to me, be ready by 7.
Y/N: Ok. I hate to say this but you need to go now.
Loki: I don't want to. Why can't we just tell them?
Y/N: Please, we'll talk about it at dinner.

She looks at me with them big beautiful eyes and I can't argue with her. "Fine my love, but this conversation isn't finished." With a gentle kiss on her lips I untangle myself from her. As I put my clothes on I can feel her watching me so I send her an image of me caressing her face. "Loki, play fair." The need in her voice is so obvious that I can't help but smile. "I think you like it when I don't play fair darling." She throws herself backwards on the bed with a sigh, "Get out of my room you neanderthal. I need to get dressed and you can't be there for that." Her exasperation makes me chuckle. "See you at breakfast." With that I leave her closing the door softly, I don't think anyone is awake but y/n would throw a fit if someone saw me. I want a nice dinner, one where she opens up so annoying her would not be the best start.

As I make my way back to my room I hear Thor coming out of his. Shit. "Morning brother, late night?" I'm not in the mood for his antics this morning so I ignore him and carry on walking past him. Apparently he takes this as an invite to follow me into my room. It's nothing special, I've not made the room my own like y/n has, everything is how I found it the first night I stayed here. It's never felt like a home so I never tried to make it one, however now I feel like I should. If only to show y/n I'm serious about staying and making this work. It's an idea for later, first I need to get rid of this idiot standing in my doorway looking like a damn kid at Christmas.
"What do you want?" I don't hide the disdain in my voice, I could really do without him being here this morning.  "You've never come home in the same clothes before, and I know you were here once everyone went home at the party. So I'm left wondering who the lucky lady is. Or gentleman, not here to judge brother. I'm happy for you either way." Oh my days, if this idiot doesn't stop talking in the next ten seconds I'm going to shove my sceptre up his behind! "Thor! Stop!" He laughs, of course he did it to get a reaction. "I went for a walk, couldn't sleep and next thing I knew it was morning. Stop being a pain in the fucking arse and go away." He looks at me as though he's about to call me out on my shit but instead just shakes his head and walks off. Have to say I was expecting a comeback of some description but I'll take the silence much better. My first stop is to get in the shower, preferably a cold one. The images of y/n in my head are making it very hard to concentrate, yes I'm aware of that pun and no I'm not going to react to it.

After my shower I get dressed in what y/n classes as my 'civilian clothes'. A simple white t shirt and jeans with a pair of boots do the job and I head down for breakfast. I walk into the kitchen and see y/n and Nat sat huddled, whispering about something. When they notice me they pull apart and y/n goes back to her book whilst nursing a cup of coffee. I can't help but wonder what they were talking about.

Loki: Care to share darling?
Y/N: Nope.
Loki: You look beautiful by the way.
Y/N: Thank you, I refuse to look at you because my face will give me away. I'm sure you look handsome as ever my fierce lion.
Loki: Lion?
Y/N: Shit. Wasn't supposed to tell you about that.
Loki: You are supposed to tell me everything. No secrets.
Y/N: I have to keep some of my secrets, I have to remain a slight mystery otherwise where is the fun?