Y/N POV

You leave the roof and head back to your room, just as you're about to open the door you hear someone calling your name. You turn round and see Bucky walking towards you. "Hey, what's up?" He looks at you uncomfortably, he's rubbing the back of his neck and right now you're not in the mood, "Bucky just spit it out already, in case you hadn't noticed I've had a long day."
He looks straight at you and sighs, "Fuck this." The next thing you know he's kissing you against the wall next to your room. You're in shock, you don't kiss him back but you don't push him away either. It takes you a couple of seconds before you come to your senses and push him slightly. "What the hell Buck?!" He looks at you before he looks at his feet, "I'm sorry y/n, I've wanted to do that since I saw you at breakfast. When I thought I'd made you lose control with my piss poor attempt at flirting I knew I had to show you how I felt with no mixed messages getting in the way."
His brutal honesty takes you off guard for a moment. "Bucky, look.." He laughs interrupting you, "Don't worry about it y/n, I see how he looks at you." Ok, that wasn't the response you were expecting. "How who looks at me?" You're genuinely confused, he laughs and places his hand on your cheek. "You really are so innocent, it's extremely addictive. I'm looking forward to being your friend, I won't fight for your affection, if you want me you know where to find me, until then I'm happy to be your friend. See you in the morning doll." With that he walks off leaving you clueless as to who he was talking about. Not having the energy to worry about it any longer you head to bed making sure to leave the door unlocked so no one wakes you up with their worrying during the night.

As tired as you are you can't fall asleep, after tossing and turning for a while you feel the connection with Loki warming up.

Loki: Your emotions are keeping me awake, what's the matter little one?
Y/N: Just something Bucky said.
Loki: Was that before or after the imbecile tried to stick his tongue down your throat?

You can almost feel him growling at this point, you're not even sure how he knows.

Y/N: How do you know about that?
Loki: He's got a big mouth, your father gave him a nice bruised eye for that. Lucky really, I would've liked to throw him off the building a few times personally.
Y/N: Dad hit him?!
Loki: Yes, he was telling Steve how he kissed you but you weren't interested.
Y/N: He said he wouldn't fight for my affections, that he saw the way someone else looks at me and that I was innocent because I didn't know who.
Loki: The imbecile has a point little one. Do you really not know who?
Y/N: No, there's nothing special about me without my powers. If it wasn't for them no one would ever give me a second glance. I act like I don't care, but it's an act Loki. You're the first real friend I've ever had.
Loki: You have it all wrong, your powers are what keeps people away not what draws them in. You are beautiful, sassy, funny, intelligent and you care deeply for those around you. Do not diminish them qualities love. Can I show you something?
Y/N: Of course.

The next thing you know, there are images from the first time you met Loki flying through your mind but they are not images of you, they are all of him. The first time he saw you walk into the party, to you sitting on the roof wrapped in his blanket. Then it clicks, the one Bucky was talking about was him. How had you missed all the obvious signs? Feeling overwhelmed you imagine a wall in your mind and kick Loki out, you toss and turn in bed for a while before finally falling asleep. For the first time in a long time you dream about nothing apart from Loki's blue eyes.

The next few weeks consist of you avoiding Loki and Bucky, and training with Steve and Wanda. You're getting close to controlling your powers, you now know that you have telekinesis powers along with being a source of energy that not even Bruce and Tony can figure out. It means you can recreate any of the elements that you want, your favourite being fire and the occasional electric shock is always a bit of fun. During training with Steve, you've managed to stay on your feet and avoid too many hits. You're having fun when you manage to pin Steve to the floor with your knee on his neck. He smiles up at you, "You're a natural y/n." You grin like a kid at Christmas with his praise, he's become like the big brother you never realised you wanted or needed. You send an image of a bottle of wine and takeaway into his mind and he laughs. "Have you forgotten what today is?" You look at him confused, then it clicks. "Oh my god, it's my birthday!" You help him up, he wraps you under his arm. "Sure is, you know that means Tony is going to throw one hell of a party. Everyone will be there, and I mean everyone." He stops and looks at you, "Are you ready for that?" He knows how much you've been avoiding Bucky and Loki since your first day here. After what Loki showed you, you've not let him back in through your bond. With others you can sense how they are feeling and send and receive images, sometimes feelings too but he's the only one you can have a conversation with. You know it's something you need to figure out together but training became more important.
"I need to face them at some point, at least this way I can have a drink and look amazing at the same time." You tell him with a smile on your face. "Trust you to find the positives in a situation like this," your humour and sarcasm is all that's been getting you through lately, and the fact the nightmares have been few and far between.

You're in your room getting ready when Nat walks in, "Got what you wanted, you realise your Dad is going to throw a fit when he sees you right?" She looks at you with a smile on her face despite her warning.
"He knows me well, I doubt he'll be surprised." She chuckles and walks out your room leaving you to get ready.
Three hours later, your hair is dyed a bright red and you've got a leather jacket on over a black crop top, ending just below your breasts. A pair of black ripped jeans and a pair of biker boots, you've known for weeks about the bike that Tony had designed especially for you and you have plans to take it for a spin before you have a drink tonight. You're finishing the final touches to your makeup when there is a knock on your door. You turn round to find your Dad there, "Holy hell kiddo! Are you trying to send me to an early grave?" He looks at you but you can see the pride in his eyes, along with the feelings of love surrounding him. Sometimes picking up on everyone's emotions can be draining but with practice you're getting better at only doing it when you want to. "Sorry Dad, but it's my birthday and I've never had a big party like this before." He looks at you with sadness in his eyes, "You did once you know, back before." He trails off and the look of guilt washes over him, you go up to him and give him a hug. "It's ok Dad, I know why you raised me the way you did. I don't regret it and neither should you." He looks at you and pulls you in for a hug, "I got the best daughter a man could ask for, I'm insanely proud of you kiddo. I'm gonna go get a drink, I'll see you down there." He turns and leaves, placing your leather gloves in your pocket you head down the stairs. You can hear the music and chatter of the party from below, you're excited but know there is one thing left to do before you head down. You let down the wall in your mind and let Loki back in. Walking down the stairs everyone stops to look at you, as you reach the bottom Tony comes over with a champagne glass full of orange juice and winks at you, he's the only one who knows why you won't drink just yet. "You might regret the not drinking decision in a few minutes my Phoenix." You look at him not sure what he's on about until he taps his glass to make an announcement. "Ladies and gentlemen, tonight we're here to celebrate the birthday of our friend and apprentice Y/n Barton. However I have a couple of announcements to make first, the first being my birthday wishes to this amazing young woman who has become like a daughter to me." He takes your hand and leads you over to where you can see a sheet covering something that looks suspiciously like the bike you helped design. When he pulls back the sheet you're speechless. The designs did not do it justice, the bike is beautiful. Pure black apart from the neon red in the wheels, the lightning bolts going up one side and phoenix painted on the other. You turn to Tony, "It's perfect! Thank you!" He beams at you with pride and hands you your helmet.
"Before you go tearing up the streets y/n I have one more announcement to make." You stop looking at him confused as to what the next one could be. "As of today, y/n is officially part of the Avengers team, welcome Phoenix," with that he raises his glass and everyone clinks their glasses together. The music starts up again and you run up to your Dad. "Everything is perfect! I can't believe I finally get to come on missions with you and put my powers to good use!"
"Well done kiddo, so proud of you. Now go have some fun and try not to crash it on the first night ok. Don't be too long I want to see my girl have some fun on her birthday." With that you pull on your helmet and rush off to your bike. As you start her up another bike pulls up beside you, lifting the visor you see it's Steve.
"Let's see what you've got old man!" You flip down the visor on your helmet and speed off.