Chapter 2

Harry had just arrived at his Godfather's home. It was his first night, and he couldn't sleep. It had been a rather busy day. The dementors, the howler, being brought here and seeing his friends. How could anybody sleep? Not to mention the constant nightmares about Cedric.

He slowly got up from his bed, and slipped down the stairs. Harry figured he would be alone, nobody to bother him. He was wrong. He saw a woman in the kitchen making tea. She had not been at the meeting, and he hadn't met her before. Maybe she was Tonks, but normal hair? No, not Tonks. He stepped into the kitchen for a better look. She didn't even jump.

"Hello Harry." She said, as she pulled down an extra cup.

"Hi..." He replied, slowly sitting at a table. She brought over the tea service and sat it down.

"I take it you can't sleep?" She questioned, as she sat in front of him.

"No...not really."

"Nightmares can be hard to shut out, it's why I have hardly slept in a few years." She remarked, as she began to pour her cup.

Harry began to put a few cubes of sugar in his cup, before pouring his own cup. "How did you know I was having nightmares?"

"Well one could only guess, with all the trauma you saw. A boy dying, Voldemort...not to mention I heard from Sirius that Dementors attacked you and your cousin."

He just nodded, "Yeah."

"My nightmare was merely somebody falling at a Quidditch match. Lead to me hating Quidditch and not sleeping. So don't let yourself fall into that pattern."

"Excuse me, I hope you don't find me rude...."

"My name is Seres Black, I'm Sirius' niece and owner of this home. I've been merely over ruled and I hate to let a bunch of strangers live here at a time I would rather be alone."

He tilted his head, a tad confused, "How did you know what I would ask?"

"Leglimens, I've been one since birth. I can read minds and thoughts. Even when I don't want to." She responded, as she gave a shrug, "That and who wouldn't want to know who they were talking to."

Harry had to admit it, he liked her. She was coy and witty. Nothing like his friends. Her black hair made him think of Cho, but her eyes were a soft gray, kind of like Sirius. "Well, pleasure to meet you."

"Same, but I had wondered when you'd finally appear on my door. Especially after Sirius broke out two years ago."

"I was kind of wondering the same, well about why I hadn't been brought here sooner."

"I can't even tell you that. I wasn't here last year. The world had somewhat aggravated me, so I went to a place that would make me happy. In the end I regretted my choices, and came home." Seres replied.

Harry furrowed his brow a bit, "It's nuts when people just do things and leave you out of the decision making."

"And now I may be expelled for it, just because I defended myself and my cousin." He grumbled.

She shrugged her shoulders, "Who knows. I think Hogwarts is a has been school. Never got in myself, so I had to teach myself with the books in the house."

He tilted his head, "You never got to go to Hogwarts? It's the best place ever."

"If you say so." She responded, "But I know for you, it gets you away from your situation. Kind of like freedom."

"So you have just been here alone with Kreacher?"

"Not so bad actually, I don't care for people." She explained. "It's hard to get used to people, especially when they just flood into your house without your permission. It can be annoying."

Harry understood having to share space with people unannounced. Heck that summer with Dobby was pretty annoying. He looked back up at her, taking a sip of the tea. "This is pretty good."

"Thank you, it should help you sleep."

He looked at it and back to her, "Did you put something in there?"

"A Sleeping Draft, I knew you were still awake, so I wanted to help. You need to be rested to take on the Ministry."

"So you are good at potions?"

"Yep, why want to learn?"

"I would love to. It would help me pass my O.W.L.S." He began, "And I need to make an O to continue into Snape's N.E.W.T.S level class. Think you can help?"

"Of course I can. You have a few weeks until you have to worry about school. Also, feel free to send me essays and any questions. I need something to do to enjoy this horrid year."

Harry's eyes got excited. "Thank you!"

"No problem, besides, why would I not help? You seem nice enough. Way better than just that 'famous Harry Potter."

He started laughing, first time he had laughed in a while. "Well, you are rather nice, too." Her eyes showed her confusion, like she had never heard that phrase.

"I really don't know how to respond to that." Seres stated, her eyes looking back down.

Harry didn't know what was coming over him, but he let his hand touch her's. He stood up and went on to his room, the potion kicking in. The nightmares, however, were gone, instead he was back to dreaming, about a better future with somebody that made him feel like more than just 'The Boy Who Lived.' And she had just replaced Cho Chang in his heart.

Was it possible to fall in love in just a few minutes? He didn't know, but before the summer was over, he had to do more than he did with Cho, and quicker.