Chapter 7

Harry was at Hogwarts, had just found the final horcrux. Granted, it had been destroyed in the Room of Requirements. Well the final easy one. Nagini and himself were all that was left, that he was willing to deal with anyway. His mind was racing, all the families that would be broken after this fight. Was it all worth it? Would he even be able to win against Voldemort?

Seres had insured him many times before he left their home that he would win, but at this moment he was still conflicted. The school was crumbling around him, screams of people scared for their lives echoed in the hallway.

He blinked his eyes, as sweat poured down his face.

His ears then heard a voice that stopped all of his thinking.

"HARRY!"

He turned, Seres was running to him. Why was she hear at this battle? He did not want his son without his mother.

"Why are you here?"

"A Death Eater took Regulus and brought him here."

Harry's jaw tightened, "How?"

"He had slipped out the door, and before I could do anything there was a Death Eater..."

"Which one?"

"One of the Lestrange brothers." She explained. "I believe my mother has something to do with this."

Harry gave a nod, "Where have you looked?"

"Everywhere...." She paused. "We need the fighting to pause for just a few minutes. I need to find him."

"I agree, but we can't just say timeout and they stop." Harry replied.

She thought a moment, "Unless my father could."

"Why would he help?" Harry asked.

"I introduced him to Regulus around Christmas. No matter what you think of him, or all of these people think, he wouldn't want his grandson in this mess."

Harry thought a moment, he wasn't fond of the fact his son had been near this man, but at the same time it was his family.

Harry looked through the fighting, "I can make sure you make it out of the school safe. He is just beyond the bridge."

"I can get there. If he does anything to stop the fighting, please find him."

Seres began ran as fast as she could, through the wand sparks, dodging best she could. When she finally crossed the barrier to where Death Eaters stood, ready to enter, she knew she had found the right place. Her connection took her right to her father, who stood alone on a hill watching the battle.

"Seres?" He questioned. Maybe she had come to help him after all. But the look on her face spoke of something else.

"Father, one of your followers dragged Regulus here. He's somewhere in the school."

"Which follower?" He growled, looking at the mass.

"A Lestrange brother. Sadly I didn't get a chance to really see his face."

Voldemort looked back at the school, he was thinking of a way to help his family. A way that his followers wouldn't notice. Then it clicked.

"I will stop the battling for one hour. That way they can collect their dead. In that time, I will tell Harry to come to me, as a way to stop the fighting."

Seres had to let that resonate for a moment. She knew Harry would survive the encounter, but the mental toll. It was for her son in the end.

"That sounds like it could work." She agreed. "Let me start back to the school first."

"Go, find my grandson and get him out of this battle. A child shouldn't see this. Even if he is of my blood."

"Yes he shouldn't."

She turned and began to take towards the school. As she ran, her tracks were stopped by something large blocking her. Her eyes looked up, and before her stood a Centaur.

"Get on my back." He told her.

She tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"I have seen your son in the starts. He will bring a new world to my people. I must assist in saving him."

She carefully got on his back, "And who are you?"

"Bane, my name is Bane."

"Thank you Bane." She whispered as they ran to the castle. Seres wasn't sure why he said what he did. Regulus was going to do something for Centaurs? That made her a tiny bit proud. The fact that her son might better the world.

Bane came to a halt in front of the castle. Seres slid down as she heard her father's voice stopping the battle. Finally, she could find her son.

"Seres..." Harry called, he was coming up fast with something in a vial.

"What is that?"

"Something Snape gave me, your father just killed him."

Seres sighed as she looked at it for a moment, then back in the school

"Lets go find our son."

The two began to comb through the castle. The search didn't take long. In the Great Hall, their son was sitting on a table near the Weasleys. Harry saw the family stooped over a body. Fred.

He went with Seres to their son first. He wasn't crying, just wide eyed.

"We found him near Remus and Tonks' bodies." Arthur explained.

The two parents looked at each other.

"They probably saved him." Seres sighed, as she picked her son up.

"We knew he had to have something to do with Harry. He has those green eyes." Arthur commented. "Just didn't know he had a son."

"It's kind of recent." Harry explained. "Sorry about Fred."

Arthur just gave a nod, as he walked back to his family.

Harry looked his son over. "Are you okay?"

Regulus gave a small nod. "Yeah."

"Good, now go home with your mother. I will take you back out to Bane. Maybe he can take you to where you can apparate with him."

"Sounds good. Just don't die on me Harry." She teased, as she ruffled his hair. "You have a son that needs you."

Harry smiled a bit, as he put his hand on his son's back.

"I promise I will do all I can to come home."

The battle continued, as we all know. And Harry did end up coming home. Sadly, though, by defeating Voldemort he was going to be welcomed with a new slew of problems. Problems nobody could expect.