Chapter 3

Harry walked into Grimmauld Place. He had just gotten his expulsion overthrown. Going back to Hogwarts excited him, but he also had a plan. A Plan to get a girl to notice him. He walked into the old home, first to Sirius.

"Ah Harry, how did it go?"

"I am going back to Hogwarts."

"That's wonderful! I knew you would." Sirius exclaimed, as he pulled Harry into a hug.

"Sirius, I have a question."

"Go ahead and ask it, you know I will help with anything."

"It's about your niece."

"Oh, you met Seres? She can be a little difficult to get along with."

"No, she was wonderful. She made me feel human, and not just a savior." Harry explained. "We talked last night, and she just...it was different than how I feel with my friends."

Sirius began to laugh, "Oh, really? I never thought I would get that moment with you. The moment I have to tell you about girls."

"What do you know about her? Is there a gift she would enjoy?"

"Besides potions, I wouldn't know. She's not exactly happy with me. Especially now that the Order is here."

Harry thought a moment, "Maybe flowers?"

"Most girls like flowers." Sirius agreed.

That was it, flowers. He had seen a shop down the road. After he told his friends he had won his case, he went to the shop. After what seemed like an eternity he found a single black rose. It for some reason seemed like the right choice.

He quickly returned, flower in hand. Harry found a door to the basement and opened it. As he descended the stairs, he saw so many containers and brewing cauldrons. There amongst them, Seres, who was stirring a recent concoction.

"Hi." He announced.

"Hello." She replied, looking back at him. "I didn't think you would want to get started on potion lessons today."

"Well no, I mean, I can..I mean I don't know..." He commented, as he went to stand with her. "What's this gold one?" He asked.

"That is Wolfsbane Potion. I make it more than anything else."

"For Lupin?"
"Well, he does get some. However, I usually just do this for myself." She replied.

"You're a Werewolf?"

"Yes, does that offend you?"

"No, of course not. In fact, I actually find Werewolves are very very fascinating." He replied, as he looked closer. "But I thought this was black."

"The original recipe is, but I found ways to make it actually edible. Up until during a full moon, Werewolves had to rely on a bitter potion to rely on. Now, however, there is hope that there will be something actually good."

Harry smiled, "Could you teach me? I would love to use something like this to outsmart Snape."

"Of course I can, it'd be my pleasure to see somebody like yourself confuse him. He constantly thinks you are a waste of time and space." She laughed.

Harry kept thinking. He got closer and handed her the rose. She took it, giving him a confused look. Harry knew he must have done something wrong and offended her. He should not have done that. It was stupid, really stupid, but he had to speak...

"I saw it and thought you would like it."

"Nobody has every brought me anything." She responded looking it over. "Why did you bring it?" She asked, as she began looking trough her vials.

"I...well I have just enjoyed talking to you, and to be honest, you have made me feel a little better. Especially because you seem to see me as a human and not some sort of destined hero."

She laughed, as she set the rose in a vial, and added a touch of water to it.

"Well, you are human aren't you?" She teased, "Unless you are some sort of overgrown troll."

He began laughing at her comment, she sure knew how to lighten the mood.

"I think I'm human." He responded, as he sat down.

She turned back to him, smiling a bit more. "Well thank you Harry. That kind of made my day better." She told him, as she returned to her work.

Her own mind was thinking through the gift. Why would Harry really do this? She felt wrong putting her skills to work, as she dove into his head. She was just wondering if this was some sort of trick. Seres was ready to hear the tricks or lie in his head. Instead, she found something that softened her. This boy was interested in her, in a way she never thought was possible.

Harry began to stand back up, feeling he was unwelcome, "I guess I should...."

She spun around, "No, stay." Seres sat down a flask and stepped closer to him. "You said you wanted to learn how to make my secret potion, so stay and learn." She told him, as she took him back to the cauldron.

She began to show him all the ingredients and the steps, including her secret ingredient. Of all things, it was honey. Harry began helping her prepare the potion, smiling because he was finally beginning to understand potion making process.

As they were finishing, the two were still in silence, only focusing on the potion. The silence may have been a mixture of both their nervousness and their happiness.

Harry turned back to her, daring to be risky in this moment. He couldn't let this be like Cho. He watched her slip away into Cedric's arm, and he didn't want anybody taking this chance.

He carefully used his hand to caress her cheek, and leaned in for a kiss.

Seres at first did not know how to react. This was her first kiss, the first boy to show her any attention. Well, minus Draco, the first one she had really met. Somehow, this kiss felt so right in so many ways. It was hard to stop the kiss, so she leaned in, and returned the kiss to his lips.

After what seemed like eternity, they pulled a part.

"That was really...." Harry began.

"Perfect?" Seres responded as she carefully let her own hand touch his face.

Harry gave a bashful nod, "Sorry, I had to do it, just had to."

"Don't be sorry, nothing to be sorry for. We are two people destined to meet. People that the world expects one thing from and then they take a different path."

"Exactly, that's what I have felt." Harry replied, happy to hear her say what he was feeling. "So, you are okay with this?"

"I must admit, I am very confused, but I am happy to go on this journey."

"Even though I have a Dark Wizard trying to kill me, and he may use you against me?"

Seres was lost for words for a moment, she had a secret she should share with him, but not now, not in the minute.

"If this works out, and we are two soulmates meant to meet, I would happily go into a battle to fight for it." Seres told him.

Harry felt like in this moment, the darkness he had gotten through was finally gone. He was in a moment of lightness, happiness even.

He wouldn't know now, but he had just set into motion a better future for everyone. This one relationship would change to world they knew.