Chapter 4

It had been a trying year, to say the least. Harry had to deal with Umbridge and teaching a class. Not exactly the year he had envisioned. At least he had somebody to send owls to from time to time. Sirius had been a great ear, but now he had somebody that didn't see him as a kid. Sirius had always tried his best to understand what Harry was going through, but sometimes it was hard to fully get the troubles of a teenagers.

Christmas had been frightening, to say the least. He had appeared as Voldemort's snake as she attacked Mr. Weasley. The only thing that brought him some peace was seeing Seres. She provided the antidote for the venom, which in the end helped save Arthur, but she had been more focused on helping Harry. Somehow she knew the horrors in his head, and had some of the better answers to the questions floating around.

Now, however, he found himself in a new limbo. He was on the train back to King's Cross. Sirius was now dead, and the world new Voldemort was back. Harry didn't know whether or not he would be able to go back to Grimmauld Place or if he would have to stay with his Aunt and Uncle. His friends tried to start a conversation with him, but he was in a daze.

The train came to a stop at the station, and he slowly walked off. This was not the place he wanted to be right now. A place full of happy families getting to go to their happy homes. He felt a little jealous of their luck.

Harry went and loaded up a cart with his trunk and Hedwig's cage. He slowly began to walk towards the barrier, dreading hearing his uncle make his degrading comments. However, before he reached the barrier he heard something else, almost like music to his ear.

"Harry!" He heard a voice call. He turned and a huge smile came to his face. Probably the first in days. Seres was standing there. For some reason she had come to the station to pull him from his miserable state.

"Seres!" He chimed, as he wrapped his arms around her. "Are you doing okay?" He asked quickly.

"As well as one can expect. Home is a lot quieter these days, which is a mixed blessing. Come though, you probably want to get out of this noisy place." She commented as she took his hand.

They walked through the barrier and began to walk out of the station.

"My uncle will probably be cross that I made him come out here for nothing." Harry grumbled.

"Oh, no need to worry with that. I paid him off."

"You paid my uncle?"

"Yes, he was pretty easy to bribe. I felt it was better than a Confundis Charm."

Harry laughed as they exited the station. "So how do we get home from here?" He asked.

"A car, silly." She teased as she flagged down a taxi. "I mean the street itself is perfectly visible. It's the house that's hidden."

"Oh, didn't think of that."

Harry was quick to put his things into the trunk and get into the car. The ride was silent as they made their way to Grimmauld Place. Harry was still happy. Yes, he was going to his Godfather's home, but it was her home too. It had happy memories and hopefully would give him a peaceful place to spend his summer.

Once they arrived, and were inside, Harry listened to the silence of the home for a moment.

"So, now that the Order isn't meeting here, and the Weasleys are gone, the home is open. If you want a different room, feel free. It's not like there is anybody to stop us from living life the way we want." Seres told him, "Oh and let Hedwig out, she can enjoy a break too."

Harry swiftly let her out of her cage, as he followed Seres.

"This place must have been miserable as a child." He noted.