Chapter 8

Harry slowly pulled himself into Grimmauld Place. Seres put her arms around him, giving him a tight hug.

"It's over." He confirmed. "I made sure the body was somewhere safe. Later, I will take you to it."

"Thank you, I know that was hard."

"Not for you, I love you and aside from letting him continue his reign and terror." Harry replied, resting his head on hers.

"And I am more than okay with that." She assured him. She took his hand and lead him to where Regulus was snuggled in the antique couch. "He tried to stay awake, until you got home." She smiled a bit, "But he passed out."

Harry sat by his son, pulling him close and laying with him. "I don't blame him." Harry yawned. He was exhausted.

"You two sleep, I will work on dinner. I am pretty sure you are starving."

Harry barely heard her, as he passed into a deep dream. His sleep was eventually stopped. He opened his eyes, it was dark outside so he had been asleep for a few hours. But something else had woken him up.

His son was still laying on him, but he had to look at him for a moment. Something felt off. Harry ran his hand over his son's back and frowned.

"Seres!" He yelled, as he pulled his son up. He was a little blue. The kid wasn't breathing. That's what was off.

She ran in, and saw what was going on. Seres grabbed Regulus and gave his back a hard smack. With that Regulus let out a cough and snuggled into her a bit.

"What was that?" He questioned.

"Well, I was going to tell you. He's been having trouble since just after Christmas. Something about the horcruxes. It's never been this bad."

"Trouble? Why didn't you take him to St. Mungos?"

"I did, Harry. They have no idea what's going on. Every now and then his heart has issues. If he gets overwhelmed during the day it gets worse."

"So his heart just stops?"

"Sometimes."

"Why?" Harry was panicking. Was this his doing?

"I'm not sure. It may have something to do with his horcrux thing. As I warned you, there are no born werewolves. They die due to the fact their bodies can't handle it. Transforming monthly causes problems."

Harry's kept looking at his son, his son was not as well as he thought. And Voldemort was keeping him healthy.

"So having your father alive was good for him."

She gave a nod, "It appears. However, what ever is going on is manageable." She said, as she sat with the child in her arms. "I tend to check on him from time to time. I think today was a little more stressful than most."

Harry sat down by her. "Have you thought to take him to a muggle hospital?"

"I have, and I did. Even found a doctor that is married to a witch. So somebody that is familiar with both worlds."

"And?"

"They said he needed a new heart. The one he was born with is very weak."

"Okay, well how do we put him on a list?"

"That's the thing, he can't he get one. His blood type has never been seen." Regulus began to stir a bit, opening his eyes at the sounds of people talking around him.

His face broke into a huge smile at the sight of his father. Sure, he had barely met him, but it was his father. He pulled himself from his mother, and went to hug his father.

"I missed you too son." Harry cooed. It was a weird feeling, being a father, especially at his age, but this child completed him.

"You two come to the kitchen when you're ready. I made dinner." Seres informed them, as she left the two in piece.

Harry held his son close, for a few more moments, before pulling back. The child had grown in the near year since his birth.

"So how have you been?" Harry was still new to the idea of a child with these gifts, but his mind had to remember to treat him like Hermione.

"Okay, sleepy." He replied. "Did you beat grandfather?"

"Yes."

"Good, he's a bad person."

Harry was pleased to hear that comment. He looked on the couch and saw a book and the wand.

"Did he give this to you?"

"Yes, for Christmas." Regulus cheered a bit, showing it to him. "I already learned a few simple spells with it."

"What about the trace?"

"Mom says I don't have one. Oh and Kreacher is teaching me House Elf Magic."

"You can learn that?" Harry questioned, so excited.

"I can, Mom doesn't know why."

Harry had to chuckle, because he could tell this child would be a lot like him. Mischievous. Of course, he had to have a child that would go do crazy things.

"I see you're reading a book."

"Yeah, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Newt brought it for me."

Harry peered into the kitchen, "You know Newt?"

Seres stepped back in, "Of course I do, he helps me get some crazy potion ingredients. We work together sometimes, to find new properties for his creature."

Harry smiled brightly, "Really?"

She just nodded, "Yep, he and I are good friends. It's why he is Regulus' Godfather."

"Newt is our son's Godfather?"

"Of course he is. Newt adores Regulus. He comes every few weeks. There are things about Regulus that just intrigue him. Regulus loves Newt, especially his compassion for creatures. They get along so well."

"That's just brilliant. I love it. I was worried you were going to pick Draco."

"What's wrong with my cousin?" Seres questioned. "He's such a good guy, it's just you two had a horrible beginning."

Harry frowned, she wasn't wrong.

"Besides, I didn't know if he was going to live or die in the battle. Newt was at home, and had no part in it. There's also they fact Newt has a better understanding of things that make our son happy."

"I like Newt, he always brings his briefcase." Regulus exclaimed, as he walked to the kitchen.

Harry followed his son, "So what is your favorite creature?"

Regulus thought on it a moment, "Either Thestrals or Bowtruckles."

"Bowtruckles?" Harry teased. "That's an interesting one."

"They are clever creatures." Regulus defended, as he sat at the table.

Harry sat across from him, "That's true. I bet Newt has a lot of them."

"He did." Regulus smiled a bit, remembering the creatures in the trunk. He felt one with creatures, especially since many books said he was one. For a small child, it was hard to wrap around his head the differences between himself and a Niffler. They were all in the book. That would take a while to understand. For now, though, he shook his head and kept watching his father. A man he longed to get to know, and now he was home. No more fighting, no more wars. Just a family. Something his books told him he needed.