Chapter 12

Ah, the blissful summer of a 10 year old wizard. Regulus was home again, in the past few years he had been all over the world. Japan, France, Brazil, Australia, Africa, Russia and a secret school in Korea. At this point, he only had a few schools to go. Hogwarts, Ilvermorny, Durmstrang and Uagadou.

Harry had gone to Beauxbatons with his son, but when he came home he had to focus back on work. Not to mention, the surprise addition to the family, Lily. She was kind of a treat. The only girl with a bunch of brothers. Regulus was extra excited for a sister. He had always wanted one. Albus was attached too. Remus however, he really seemed against Lily from the start. He would not hurt her, but he did not want to get to close. There wasn't a real reason for it, except maybe jealousy. Harry enjoyed the frequent tea parties with her as she grew. Albus spent a lot of time watching movies with her.

Since the addition of Lily, they had moved from the wizarding home of Grimmauld Place, into a big home in Godric's Hollow. Both parents agreed that the children would benefit from a life in small community. They also knew a bigger home was a necessity.

Now don't worry, Regulus did not go to any of the other schools alone. When he went to Brazil, he was the talk of the school. Not only because of his age, he had Newt there as a guardian. In Australia he had a great chaperone that had been one of Harry's secretary's. Usually a person would volunteer for the honored task.

Regulus would rather go on his own, he was capable of getting on and off a plane. His parents disagreed each time he would plead for independence.

This year, well this would be different. He would be getting on the train and going to Hogwarts. This would be one of the few schools he would got for a full year. While most kids wanted to go there for their entire schooling, Regulus had long learned the benefits of an international education. He also kept up with classes from each school. Thankfully there were ways to get his assignments early in the year. He maintained the highest marks in each school, and his parents didn't even know. Had they known, they would stop his long hours of studying.

Both Harry and Seres wanted him to be a kid, to enjoy life. Teddy was slowly becoming a friend, now that he stopped playing with toys and had matured to Regulus' liking.

That wasn't Regulus though, he had to gain all the knowledge he could. He had to prove he was the best wizard to date. Overcome and fix all his grandfather had done wrong even.

He was sitting with his window open, waiting for that majestic owl to come from Hogwarts. He had to, if it came in and Remus saw it, Remus would eat it. The kid had a bad habit of eating Ministry owls, pigeons....well birds of any kind. Heck, he once brought in a stag he had somehow killed. At nearly 6 he was an apex predator.

Harry walked into the room, and frowned a bit, "Still now owl?"

"No, no owl. Are you sure Remus hasn't eaten it?" Regulus questioned.

"No, he hasn't. I would've seen the feathers. Besides, he doesn't eat letters." Harry wasn't sure why the owl hadn't come by now. It was already August.

"What if Hogwarts doesn't want me? They didn't want Mother." Regulus sighed, as he let his wand weave between his fingers.

Harry sat down by his son, looking out the window, "I doubt that. Hogwarts would be lucky to have a kid as talented as you. Maybe there was a mistake, because you went to the other schools."

"So, no Hogwarts?" Regulus questioned, as he put his head on his knees.

Harry thought a moment, "Well, how about we go to my office. We can use the floo system to get to McGonagall's Office. I know she's there." Harry paused a moment, "We can then ask her."