Chapter One

I was seated, silently at my desk. My arms were crossed at my chest as I took long slow breaths to calm my raging anger. My eyes were narrowed and fixed on the documents opened on my screen. It was the statistics from last month's assessment. We had lost a number of my best clients and a ton of money to boot, and it was all the fault of one man. One ignorant, foolish, degenerate waste of space. He cost me millions of dollars and caused a massive decrease in sales in my company.
Some of my best people were lost, my employees suffered, and all that was made worse by my father who's business was now ahead of mine.
All this trouble was caused by one simple, insignificant bloop. A simpleton who wasn't professional enough to separate business from pleasure. An idiot who decided it would be "fun" to pop molly on the job while dealing with millions; and now here he is standing in front of me with a smile on his fucking lips. Smiling as if we were friends.
Anger was an understatement. I was furious, enraged, fuming with hate for this underdeveloped life form who put my company in the red from his stupidity.

I stood slowly, unfolding from my chair in a graceful raise. My palms rested on the surface of my glass top desk as I elevated and my lips parted with a heavy sigh. It was clear to me the moment I stood that he had no clue why he was in my office, which just made it harder to restrain myself from trying to strangle him to death. He cost me so much and still had the nerve to be clueless about his actions. The audacity of this man.
"Do you know why you're here Bob?" My eyes fell on him and anger burned through me once more. His smile was brighter than before and he rocked back and forth on his heels with his hands in his pockets, almost like he was happy to be here. What exactly does he think he's doing here? It was amusing just how foolish he was, almost sickening.

"Well, sir I've been doing a great job for the past few months I've been here. I get along with my cow-workers well, and I have been working very hard sir." He finished and it became apparent to me just how dumb he truly was. This man thought he was here to get a promotion. Of all the stupid things he could think of, he wants a promotion. He truly is a special case of a dunce.
"You want a promotion, Bob?" My lips curled into a smile. I was fully amused at how much of an oaf he was. "I mean, I clearly deserve it boss", were the words he chose to send me in a rage like no other. He had some nerve talking to me with such blatant disrespect. Me! The man who was about to give him another chance. The one man who was in charge of his pointless life. The only man to give meaning to his worthless existence. He truly is a fucking idiot.
"Do you now?" My jaws clenched. It was clear that he had no intention of atoning for his mistakes, instead, he wanted to be rewarded.
Don't you worry Bob, I have the perfect reward for you, and it comes in the form of my fist in your face.

"Well yea, I'm the best man on your team boss." There it was. His arrogance. His ego was as big and bright as the distasteful tie around his neck. It was too easy to draw it out of him, child's play. A man's ego is always the easiest way to break him, destroy him; and with an ego as large as his, the better the results when they break. To think that he actually believes he is a valid member of My team is just simply amusing. But the time for jokes had passed. He ruined my perfect company, my baby. He was done.
A laugh left my mouth as the smile from his lips vanished, twisting into a look of confusion. It was satisfying watching him twitch and move with anticipation, watching and waiting for me to speak. It was pleasing.

"Clear out your cubicle Bob, you're done." My words were as cold as the white on the Arctic's floors. I had grown weary from entertaining his stupidity. "What do you mean boss?" His tone was nervous and shook with each word. "You're fired, Bob. Get your shit and leave my building--" "But sir?", he interrupted sending irritation surging through me. "Bob, if you have to make this any harder--" I paused raising my hand before calling Mack through my glass-enclosed office. "I'll have you thrown out on your ass, and I know you don't want that. After all, it would only ruin the image you worked so hard to build." I finished and took a seat.
The dumbfounded look on his face was all that I needed to quench the burning rage inside me. I was satisfied.