|Four|

It happened again. I saw her. She was in my dreams. Walking the long dark hallways of Gates Manor. She was wearing her floor-length blood-red nightgown and her white fluffy bed slippers. I could smell her sweet scent in the air. The sound of her atrocious laughter echoed and made me tremble. I could see her long black hair flowing in the night breeze; her beautiful dark skin glistened in the moonlight. She was just as beautiful as I remembered. Just as radiant.
She smiled at me and just like that she was gone. The last time I saw her, we spoke. Our conversation was brief but meaningful. Memorable.

Getting up in the mornings had always been a feat. An endless struggle, a challenge that tormented me. I hated it. I found it harder and harder as the days went on. Waking up without her. Without her smile, her horrendous laughter, and the sweet taste of her apple pie. I know now that the hurt will only get worse, but there was no time to waste. I had much to do.
A quick glance at the time and I was up making my way to the bathroom. Treading across my cold marble floor, I made haste down the hall and into the living room. There lay a pair of black lacy thongs, a pair of stockings, and a glass of red wine resting on my very expensive glass table. As the delicious memories of the night before flashed through my head, a smirk crawled onto my lips. Belle had always been a quiet girl in my eyes, but that image of her was now soiled. As of today, she's not a timid angel, no, she was my siren. Her moans were nothing short of heavenly. Like a choir singing a divine symphony. Angelic. " I must have her again."

I had at least an hour at the most to get my shit together so I could start my day, but I doubt that was possible. I was tired, restless, exhausted, and for good reason. I had a night of disappointment and overwhelming surprises. Surprises that I could have lived without.

Reaching for my towel I wrapped it around my waist before turning and heading back to my room. As I sauntered over to my massive walk-in closet, my eyes wandered over the naked body pressed against my pillows. It was a body that I was not familiar with. She was tall with blond hair and pale skin. She was a beautiful girl no doubt, but I didn't know her, and that made me uneasy.
I made my way to her. My eyes trailed her skin and scanned her every curve. Her frame was one of a model, thin. Reaching to shake her, the sound of my phone ringing brought me to an instant halt. I glanced over at the screen and on the caller ID was my lawyer, Hilton.

He had no right calling me. Not after what he did. He had some nerve. His ignorance caused me to lose a valid member of my elite clientele. He was careless and acted immaturely, arguing with a teenager with autism. That teenager was my broker's son.
Lifting the phone to my ear I treaded to my balcony before stepping out and closing my door behind me. The sound of horns honking in the traffic-packed streets, the sight of hard-working people going about their day, and the sweet smell of productivity, pulled me from my rested state and into my skin. I was ready to start my day, but first, this idiot.

"Did you get him back?" I started with poison laced in my tone. He didn't deserve my warmth.
"No sir." His voice shook. "Then why are you disturbing my morning, Hilton?" My eyes wandered along the crowded streets below me. I truly love Manhattan.
"We have a problem, Ace." He used my first name which could only mean one of two things; we really had a problem, or he was mocking me.
"I'm listening," I said calmly before resting my elbow on the ledge. "Your father..." He paused and a wave of anger washed over me. I had no idea what was coming after those words, but I knew they wouldn't be something good.
"Go on." A tight breath left my lips as I awaited the next few words. "He rewrote his will...And you're not in it." "What!?" Was my only expression. I was speechless, enraged, fuming. Right when I thought he couldn't do anything else to make my blood boil, he pulls this stunt.

"When did this happen?" "Early this morning." The words left his lips and my jaws clenched as it was the only thing, I could do to calm myself. My father was a lot of things, an asshole, a self-centred piece of shit, and a pig; but he would never change his will and leave any of his children off it. This wasn't his doing. He didn't have the heart to do something so inhumane. I refuse to believe that this was his doing.
"Who made the call?" I asked with high hopes. I knew my father well enough to know how far he would go, and this, this was too far. "Mrs. Gates."