Chapter 55/Bodyguard

Playlist:

Don't Know What To Do- Blackpink

(I'm learning this dance BTW)

Caroline POV

I became antsy as Klaus had already been gone for a long time. I get up and make my way to the kitchen. I open the fridge and grabbed an orange juice carton feeling the need for some vitamin C. I close the fridge and drop the carton.

"Kol."

"Hello Caroline. Quite a mess you made." He said referring to the broken orange juice carton that is now spilling out onto the tiled floor.

"I-I'm sorry I just...you scared me." I picked up the carton threw it in the garbage then went toward the sink to get a wet rag.

"What are you doing here? I thought you would be in some other country by now." I said wiping up the floor.

"Somethings have changed that made me want to stay." He mumbled which made me suspicious of what the 'things' are. "Anyways...Klaus wanted me to give you a message." Kol started.

"A message? Is he okay?"

"Um...maybe." Kol shrugged. "He said, 'He is okay, but he needs to pay back a debt.'"

"So he is okay?" I asked confused.

"Hm...yeah I guess so, but who knows what that debt he is paying back is." Kol leaned on the counter. I sat silent thinking. "Oh...I almost forgot. Klaus also wanted me to be your personal bodyguard." Kol stated grabbing an apple from the fruit basket, tossing it up in the air, and catching it.

"My bodyguard?" I scoffed.

"Trust me blondie...I rather be doing other...things right now, but," Kol said dragging out the 'but', "You are the mother of his child, mother of my future niece or nephew, and probably going to give birth to the only extension the Mickaelson family will ever have." Kol said pointing to my belly. I rolled my eyes knowing there is no way to get out of this.

"Well...," I said walking out of the kitchen and back into the living room despite not being able to fulfill my desire for some vitamin C, "since we are stuck together what are these things that are making you stay in Mystic Falls?" I asked. Kol looked at me cautiously. "Oh. Who?" Knowing that this is about a girl from just one look. "Who is she? I might know her." I asked putting my feet up.

"You do." Is all he said then he looked up at me through his glasses. I stared at him that went from puzzled, disgusted, then lastly horrified.

"Bonnie?" I asked in practical fear.

He nodded leaning back in the leather sofa as if he reveal his prize he won.

"Bonnie would NEVER date you." I told him.

Kol's eyes looked up as if he was thinking. "Well you might want to tell puppy that." Kol stopped his eyes going wide.

"Puppy? Is that what you call her?" I asked trying to make eye contact as he avoided it I saw his cheeks get pink. "That's cute." I smiled to myself remembering how I feel when Klaus calls me 'Love'

"You're not angry?" Kol asked finally looking at me.

"No." I giggled. "Why would I?"

"Well I just assumed you wouldn't want your friend dating a Mickaelson."

"Kol, I am engaged to Klaus, I am pregnant with his child. I have NO room to talk...and even if I did I don't know if she would even want to hear it." I fiddled with my fingers.

"Caroline." Kol appeared at my feet as I noticed he must of used his vampire speed. "She does. She still cares. She misses you I know she does. You guys are just scared to talk again, but I promise it will still be the same as it was before." Kol tells me placing a hand on my knee.