Chapter 18

Awww I hate looking at this it makes me sooo sad!!!!

Playlist: Lush Life- Zara Larsson

Smoke and Fire- Sabrina Carpenter 

Klaus POV

I don't know what Caroline is up to, but she is absolutely not here to go on a date with me. I look around at all the people dancing and talking. 

I cringe.

Why would Caroline take me here?

Does she want me to hate her?

Why?

I turn back to gaze at Caroline, but she is staring in one specific spot. I find were her eyes are shooting daggers. 

Claire.

Matt?

Rebekah?

Why....She.....Caroline?

"Love, I forgot I have to meet up with Elijah tonight, do you mind?" I say trying to make her leave. 

No answer.

Next thing I know she is walking over to them. Before she can get too far I grab onto her wrist. 

"Caroline." I say sternly. She snaps her head towards me. "Caroline what are you doing?" I say more forcefully. She tilts her head at me. 

She knows.

She knows I know. 

She breaks free from my grip and uses her vamp speed to get to them. Knowing how drunk all these people are, I do as well. 

"Ah.....Rebekah." I say. We all are in a circle now staring each other down. Except,

The quarterback. 

He looks more confused than I was when Caroline asked me to go on a date with her. 

"What are you doing here Nick?" Rebekah snaps at me,  trying not to rip anyone's head off. 

"Well I am just down here at my local club getting some drinks." I say and give Caroline a secret wink, noticing her confusion with how normal I am acting. I am actually just trying to stop a cat fight from breaking out. Rebekah gives me a fake smile and turns to Claire who looks like she is bored out of her mind.

"Would someone please tell me what is going on?!" Matt says.

"Matt, come her-" Caroline starts.

"No...No lets not Matt." Claire compels him. Caroline glares. 

"Seriously? That's all you got?" Caroline say challenging her. Claire shoots Caroline a awful look. One I have never seen before. You never, ever say anything like that to Claire. Claire is a Princess. 

Literally. 

She comes from a long line of french royalty. She is the most selfish and spoiled person I know. 

Well maybe besides Rebekah. 

"At least I am not as gullible as well a...a rabid little kitten." Claire states nastily. 

Well this is exactly what I didn't want happening. 

"Ladies," I say trying to decrease the tension of the situation. "Will you please leave the little quarterback alone." I say gesturing to the human. 

"Oh, Well hello Nicklaus." Claire says acting like she never saw me. "I wasn't expecting to see you here." She says putting on one of those fake smiles I never wanted to see again. I see Caroline rolling her eyes behind Claire and I can't help, but grin. Claire gives me a puzzled look, although I change my expression very quickly.