Chapter 42

Playlist:

White Love- Monsta X

Caroline POV

I woke up the next morning already knowing all too well that school was ahead of me and I was so grateful that it was a normal day.

Like everyday before school I did my makeup, did my hair, got dressed, drank some coffee, and it was out the door in less than an hour. However, this morning it was especially empty. No Klaus...he didn't even visit me last night. I thought he would of came to talk to me about today...

Why didn't he?

I shook the thought of him out of my head as I reminded myself I deserved a normal day.

I arrived at school and parked in the same spot I have since sophomore year. I gathered my bag and bookings and started walking through the quad and towards the front door.

"Hello Caroline." I looked up and saw Pierre leaning against a picnic table arms folded in front of him with a smirk.

"Pierre?" I asked confused why he is on campus. "You are too old for school...? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to help you skip." He stated bluntly.

"Excuse me?" I asked puzzled. Pierre pushed off of the table he was leaning on and walked closer to me.

"Don't you want to skip? It's a dreadful Tuesday morning and nobody wants to be here." He looked at me with his bright green eyes. "Please...I'm bored." He bent down to meet my eyes. I looked up a little our noses about to touch. I could feel his cold minty breath on my cheek as my heart skipped a beat. "Will you entertain me Caroline?"

"Y-Yes."

"Great." He smiled brightly at me and started to walk off.

Unexpectedly, my mouth curved into a smile, but it quickly turned to a frown as I was confused on why I was smiling.

I followed Pierre down the parking lot and laid my eyes on an old red convertible Mercedes-Benz.

"Oh my god...is this your car?" I questioned a little excited.

"No..." He looked at me with confusion. "That is." He pointed to a 2000 beat of ford fusion.

"Oh..." I looked down shamelessly now embarrassed to be seen in his car. We walked closer than out of no where Pierre started to chuckle a little.

"Caroline of course this is my car." He laughed. "You should have seen your face." He laughed more. My face got bright red as I realized how much of a snob I probably seemed.

"Hey don't make fun. It just made sense for you to have a nice old car." I said shyly as we got in.

"That is a brave assumption Caroline." He said with a straight face.

"No..I mean- just- your-"

"I'm joking. Jeez CareBear you need to relax." He smiled turning the car on the car purred quietly like a little kitten.

"Care...Bear.." I said slowly my face slightly getting pink.

"Yeah.." He titled his head at me with a small smile "CareBear."

I looked away feeling the slightest bit of awkwardness.

No one has ever called me that. Let alone called me anything besides, Caroline and Care...

Klaus called me Love..and My Love. My heart clenched at the remembrance of him.

I...miss him.