Chilling

After a few rounds of hide and seek, it started to get boring. So everyone went inside and started playing a board game.

More like a bore game.

It was around 1am, so she had a few more hours until she needed to be back home.

She went to the bathroom to snap a few of her friends and to freshen up.

As she walked out of the bathroom, she catches Jamais leaning against the wall, propped up by one arm.

"What are you doing?" She laughed.

"Waiting to use the restroom." He shook his head towards the door.

He towered over her, her looking up at him in silence. She was smiling and so was he.

He leaned down to kiss her.

Before she knew it, their lips were pressed together.

"Excuse me." He brushed up against her as he went towards the bathroom.

She walked back to the living room, where the game was taking place.

She sat this one out, re-thinking about what just happened.

TAYLOR!

A few minutes passes, he comes out of the bathroom. He walks past Safari, not even looking at her. Acting as if they didn't just share a kiss.

"Can I speak to you?" Safari comes over to Jamais's seat.

"Sure, why not." He says, winking.

They go into an extra bedroom that no one uses. She takes a few steps into the room and turns around.

He's 6 inches away from her face, grabbing it and kissing it once more.

"What- why do you keep doing that?!" Safari exclaims. "You have to stop. We can't anymore."

"Why? I'm enjoying it."

"Of course you are. But have you totally forgotten that you're my BEST FRIENDS EX? I cannot do this to her."

Safari is worried not only about her being out so late without her grandmother's permission, but also about how her best friend will react if she finds out she kissed her ex.

"I'm not gonna stop."

"Well, I am. Quit kissing me while I'm caught off guard. I don't have time to pull away." Safari says, crossing her arms.

She gets a phone call.

S**t, Jordan.

"What?" She answers picking up the phone.

It's her ex boyfriend, she hasn't gotten over yet. It's been almost, maybe a whole school year since they've been broken up. But they talk frequently.

"Where you at?" Jordan asks over the phone.

"Sarahs, what?"

"My mom said her and Fruit gonna go move up there with Cam and Chan with the baby. Officially." He says, letting out a sob.

She can't help but to feel for him. She knows what it's like to be abandoned by her own mother.

She looks at the phone, glaring at it.

She's not sure if she's still in love with the blond poof on his overly large head, or if it's the baby mama/daddy issues he has.

He's not a goody-good type of guy. Just recently, he robbed a QT for alcohol with two of his friends and was caught cheating on his freshly ex girlfriend with a 13 year old.

"I'm sorry. Can we talk later? I'm kind of busy." She says, looking into Jamais's way. Not showing him in the phone.

"With what?" Jordan scoffs.

Jamais grabs the phone, "with me," and hangs up.

She immediately smacks him and grabs his phone back.

Safari: Talk later?

Jordan never responded.

She looks up at him, giving him a glare.

He shrugs and walks out of the room.