(Not So) Happy Anniversary (B.T.Y.)

26th June 2021 was the schedule of Formula 1's Styrian GP qualifying at Red Bull Ring in Spielberg for Seb the driver. But for Seb the most annoying but wonderful husband to Gia, it was their second anniversary since they were dating.

Although they had tied the knot, but they always remembered the date as one of the most special ones. They had time to celebrate the day being together, with reminiscing the moment they shared their first kiss at her favourite lake in Vienna, Alte Donau.

In 2020, on the exact same date, Gia was still around 4-month pregnant. The round of her belly had slowly appeared. And at the time, they had finally been home in Switzerland after months staying in Austria because of lockdown.

But in 2021, a little creature, the newest member of the Vettels, had coloured the couple's days. The 7-month old boy had started learning to crawl and saying Mama and Papa although it wasn't 100 percent clear yet.

Seb's phone chimed at 6 in the morning. It was time for him and Gia to wake up and get ready. When he opened his eyes slowly, she stared at him and smiled. Without him knowing, she had woken up minutes ago, before the alarm ringing.

"Morning, gorgeous," he greeted with his still sleepy voice.

"Morning, champion," she replied with her favourite nickname for him.

He slowly sat up from the king-sized bed where he and Gia slept on and stretched his fit body. "How long have you awaken?"

"Not long ago." She followed him to sit on the bed. "It's qualifying day!"

"Are you sure that it's just qualifying day?"

"What are you talking about? Please enlighten me."

Seb didn't reply. Instead, he pulled her neck gently and gave her a kiss that could make her melt right on the spot. He pulled away a few moments later with a big grin on his face.

"I don't get it, Seb. Can you please repeat that?" she asked innocently.

He smirked at first before answering her request. He knew that she understood what he was talking about earlier. "What about now?"

"Erm, yeah, I remember now," she smiled sheepishly. She believed that he knew if she just pretended to forget what he meant. "It's been two years since we got together."

Seb smiled. "That's true. You know what? At the time, if I should be honest, I was very afraid that you would reject me again. I wouldn't be tired to ask you until you said yes. But every time you said that you still needed time, it hurted a little."

Gia quickly took his right hand with hers and stroked it softly with her thumb. "I know, Seb. It hurted me too when my mouth wanted to say yes but my heart still said otherwise. I was really scared of losing you. I wanted to be with you, even since a long time ago, even when you were still with Bernadette. But I don't want to be a mean person. I didn't want to ruin your relationship with her. If you were destined to be with her, what could I do?" she shrugged.

"My relationship with her had been broken even before I met you again." Then, he shook his head. "No, we shouldn't talk about that anymore. I'm the happiest man now as I get married to the woman that I've always loved. And I even stole her first kiss."

"Says who?"

He frowned as he heard her question. "What do you mean?"

"Do you think that you are the one who stole my first kiss?"

"Gia, I don't know if you are kidding or being serious now."

She kept staring at him, which made him nervous. He wondered if there was a fact that she hadn't told him even after they got married. But, she suddenly burst out laughing to see his reaction.