Ludwig's First Birthday (B.T.Y.)

⚠️TW // The process of giving birth⚠️

Sunshine through the windows woke Gia up. She sat up and blinked a few times to adjust to light. Then, she realized that Seb wasn't on his side of bed. She frowned for a moment. It was unusual for him to leave the room before waking her up.

She took a glass of water on the nightstand and drank to hydrate her body. The next thing she did was making up the bed and looking at Ludwig who was still sleeping peacefully inside his baby crib.

She decided to take a bath with hoping that he wouldn't wake up when she was still inside the bathroom. Around 15 minutes later, Gia was back to see her son and she sighed a relief as the sound of running water when she was taking a shower didn't disturb him.

"Hi, baby boy. Today is your special day. It's amazing to remember that it's been a year you've coloured my life. Happy birthday, my sunshine."

That day was Ludwig's first birthday. There would be no special celebration, but it would be the first time for him to have his own room. Thinking of Ludwig's new room, Gia suddenly thought of a load of boxes that hadn't been opened.

About two weeks ago, Seb ordered some nursery furnitures such as glider and ottoman, a set of wooden safety gate, a teepee tent, some cute cushions, and a lot of toys, and it all arrived on the previous day.

"Oh, Seb must be there!" she talked to herself.

Then, her smile grew wider as Ludwig slowly opened his big blue eyes. She took him from the crib and held him in her arms for a few minutes before she bathed him.

When Gia laid him on her bed to take his clothes off, Seb finally appeared. "Ah, my angel has woken up. The birthday boy too!"

She glanced at him. "Seb, where have you been?"

"I was in his room. I've sorted out everything there," he replied while approaching his wife and son. "I come here to make sure that Ludwig has woken up, so I can move the crib there."

Gia left what she was doing for a second to give her husband a morning kiss. "I wanted to help you, Seb," she said after pulling away.

"Thank you, gorgeous. Maybe when we have had breakfast, you can have a look at his room and then tell me if I should rearrange it."

She nodded. "Okay. Now I want to bath him."

"What do you want to have for breakfast?"

"Hmm, peanut butter toast," she grinned.

"Coffee?"

"I'll make it myself."

"Alright. I'll see you there."

Seb kissed her again and then rubbed Ludwig's head gently and also kissed it before leaving to the kitchen. He also didn't forget to bring the crib and move it to his son's room. While, Gia continued taking his clothes off and brought him to the bathroom.

An hour had passed and it was time to look at Ludwig's new room. It was right next to his parents' room. Seb had put a baby monitor inside, so that Gia and himself could keep an eye on their little one.

Seb helped to open the door as Gia was holding Ludwig in her arms. He heard her gasp. He was convinced that she was surprised to see the room. It was more or less the same reaction as when he showed her a mini library as a surprise before they got married.

 It was more or less the same reaction as when he showed her a mini library as a surprise before they got married