To My Best Friend (B.T.Y.)

Seb blinked his eyes a couple of times before opening his eyes fully. His ocean blue eyes met his beautiful wife's eyes. Gia had woken up a few minutes earlier, as she was too excited for that day, which was his birthday.

"Happy birthday, champion," she congratulated him with her raspy voice.

"Thank you, gorgeous," he replied before bringing his face closer to hers, to kiss her soft lips. Then, he sat up to lean on the headboard. "I'm so grateful that now you will always become the first one to say it."

The full display of his torso made her unable to stop herself to touch his chest. "What if you go somewhere and I'm not with you? Your team guys and girls could text you earlier than me," she said before chuckling.

"I will still read your message first before someone else's." As he got no response, he glanced down at her and she seemed in a deep thought. "Are you thinking?"

"Do you still remember about last year?" she suddenly asked, forgetting the previous topic.

"My birthday last year? I thought we were in Austria. Why is it?"

"I mean, a day after your birthday." She finally sat up next to him. "About the nightmare."

"Oh." He finally understood what she meant. The nightmare she had just hours before the race. He was completely surprised as she never talked about that again until that day. "I still remember about it. Is it still haunting your mind?"

She sighed a little. "I would be lying if I said no. But every time it comes to my mind, I just keep praying, not only for you, but also for other drivers."

He started caressing her cheek. "We love what we do and we know the risks that we could face. But believe me, I always try to be careful while I'm racing."

"I know you will," she smiled at him.

Gia couldn't stop staring at his beautiful face. She knew that he was excited but nervous at the same time as he was going to drive the Williams FW14B that he bought a couple of years ago for the Historic Lap.

That Historic Lap session was actually his own idea. He wanted to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Nigel Mansell's victory at the British GP with that car. And also, he never had a chance to drive it since he bought it from Bonhams auction house.

He also had an idea to have fun with the car and at the same time giving a contribution to the environment, so he decided to use carbon-neutral fuel which was environmentally friendly.

But beside that, he was a little frustrated as well. He would start the race from P18 which was very painful. His teammate, Lance, would start from last position. And unfortunately it happened on the team's home race.

"Go and shower, Seb! Ludwig can't wait to see you drive that Williams car."

The mention of their son made him smile. "Don't you want to join with me?"

"No! I can guarantee that it will take a whole lot longer than usual."

He couldn't hold his laugh. He stole one more kiss before leaving her on bed. Without him knowing, she had prepared something special for him and she smirked at the thought of that.

---

Gia was walking in the pit lane next to Britta and Antti. She was carrying her 19-month-old baby Ludwig in her arms. Unfortunately for some reasons, Seb's parents and Fabian couldn't come to England. But they surely had phoned him to wish him a happy birthday and good luck for the race.

They wanted to see Seb driving the FW14B around the Silverstone track. From a far, they could see Nigel who was also ready to witness the event. He was currently interviewed by some reporters.