Starstruck (B.T.Y.)

Seb flew to the States for the US GP in Austin, Texas, without Gia. While he was away, she was in Vienna, staying at her mother's house and also visiting her bookstore every day.

In spite of the time zone difference, they could still get in touch. He couldn't deny that he missed being with her, but they had agreed that while the pandemic was still happening, she and their son only attended the European races.

Gia and Adelina couldn't hide their smile as Seb crossed the finish line in the top 10 after starting from the back of the grid as he took grid penalty for the engine change. For some people, it was only a single point. But for him, it meant quite a lot.

"Gia, I'm so happy for him. He deserves this result after starting so far behind," Adelina said happily.

"I agree, mom. After not scoring points on the last four races, I believe that this result can gain his motivation."

Adelina stroked Gia's shoulder. "Don't stop supporting him. He really needs it. I know that the media haven't been that nice to him so far."

She sighed. Her mother was completely right. She always shook her head every time she found an article which was speculating that Seb could possibly retire after the 2022 season ended. The season hadn't even started though.

"Of course, mom. This season has been quite tough for him. A lot of F1 fans had a very high expectation before this season started. So they are disappointed, mainly to the team, but some to Seb."

"I'm sure that next year will be a lot better for him and his team."

After the race finished, Adelina turned the TV off as she was about to sleep. Gia also brought her sleepy son to her own room. As there was no baby box at Adelina's house, Ludwig slept next to his mother on bed.

Gia wondered what Seb was doing. She believed that he had just started being interviewed. But still, she decided to text Britta.

Georgia

Hi, Britta. What is Seb doing now? Please tell him to call me when he has finished all of his post-race activities. Thank you.

When she finished typing, she put her phone on the nightstand next to her bed. Then, she looked at Ludwig. He was so much like his father, although Seb always convinced her that he was very much like her.

Gia rubbed her eyes, realizing that she was sleepy too. After sitting for a few minutes, she finally laid on bed and then she went out like a light.

About an hour later, the ringtone of her phone woke her. She fingered the nightstand to search for her phone. She smiled as Seb was video calling her.

"Hi," she greeted him with a sleepy voice.

"Hi, sleepyhead."

"I'm not a sleepyhead!"

He chuckled. "You are."

"If you keep teasing me, I'm gonna hang up this call."

"No, please don't. You are the one who wanted me to call you. Oh and also, you still look so gorgeous even when you are sleepy."

She smiled sheepishly. Then, she changed the subject. "Congratulations for the result today, Seb."

"Thank you very much. I could've caught Tsunoda for P9 if there were a few more laps," he shrugged.

That was Seb that she was very proud of. He was always hungry for a better outcome. "I know, Seb. Better days will come very soon."

"I like your optimism," he winked at her.