Nightmare (B.T.Y.)

⚠️TW // Fatal accident (F1 car accident)⚠️

Seb who was on pole position put his foot on the pedal as he was ready to press it down. His eyes was focusing on the five lights above him. He was very determined to finally win with his new team.

The race finally started and he pressed down the gas pedal. He successfully blocked Max's way to overtake him and he led the race into the Turn 1.

After some laps, the strategist told him through team radio that they would apply a one-stop strategy for him and he agreed. He kept driving with the soft tyres that slowly degraded.

Then, his race engineer told him that he had to pit on the following lap, but Seb opted to stay on track for longer as he felt that the tyres were still good.

When he started the following lap, one of his tyres suddenly punctured and he lost control of his car. His car skated across the grass, hitting the inside concrete barrier, and ripping off two tyres and the front nose. He hit the barriers at a speed of nearly 300 km/h.

Red flags were immediately waved by marshals and the other drivers were instructed to enter the pit lane. The accident left people fearing the worst as the debris of his car were everywhere.

An ambulance approached the location, parking next to a medicar car there. While some marshals were trying to remove him from the car. Half an hour had passed but there was still no sign.

Gia couldn't stop crying. She got told that her husband didn't respond on team radio. Britta tried to calm her down although she was bloody afraid if something happened to her driver.

Then, they saw a crew running towards them and said, "Seb..."

"What?! Tell me that he is okay! Please tell me that!" Gia held his arms and shook his body.

He started crying. "I'm sorry but... he can't be saved."

Gia immediately screamed very loudly. "No! It can't happen! No!"

"No!"

Gia suddenly sat up on her bed. Her body was shaking and she breathed heavily. She could also feel sweat running down her temples. It was the worst nightmare she'd ever had after such a long time.

"Gia, what happened?"

She didn't realize that she made her husband wake up too. On one hand, she was beyond grateful that he was still there, next to her. But on the other hand, she needed to be alone to compose herself.

"I need to pee," she said while lifting the duvet.

"Gia, you are-"

"Give me a minute, Seb."

She ran a little to the bathroom of their hotel room, leaving him who was still confused. After she peed, she flushed the toilet and still sat there, wiping her sweaty forehead. The dream felt so surreal for her. It felt like she would lose him forever.

"Gia? What happened? Please talk to me," Seb said while knocking the bathroom door.

He guessed that she had a nightmare, but he obviously didn't know what that was about. It must be really bad until it made her cry and it worried him.

As she couldn't hide any longer there, she quickly splashed her face with water and wiped it with her towel hanging there. As she looked at the mirror, her eyes were getting red, a mixture of sleepiness and tears of fear.

She unlocked the door to find him still standing there. "I'm sorry that I woke you up."

He cupped her face and stroked it with his thumbs. "Gorgeous, you are worrying me. What happened? Did you have a nightmare?"