Coffee Crisis

You glanced out the window in anticipation, lately, your reasons for coming to this café weren't because the coffee was brewed with excellent coffee beans and care, the reason for your constant appearance was because of a single woman. She was beautiful, her laugh was a drug, her kindness even passed on to the days you could tell she wasn't the happiest. She was perfect.

The heat resonated from the dark, warm liquid in front of you, its smell made your mouth water as you brought it up to your lips to take a generous sip of the coffee. Amazing, the brew was as strong and fresh as ever, the warmth slowly spread through your body, causing you to shiver. This was, originally, your reason for your every Sunday appearance. You looked over at your laptop, you changed numbers to fit the budget of this months expenses.

"Good profit," you whispered to yourself as you took another sip. Another shiver crawled down your spine.

Once again, you glanced out the window. Where was she today? She was fairly late. Then the thought struck your mind, you must have seemed like a stalker, wondering where she was all the time. The hint of red touched your cheek fleetingly. The chatter was louder today, a lot louder. Very few tables were left, would she even get a seat if she came? But the noise was very welcoming, it made the place feel not only comfortable, but lively. You smiled softly, this was a really well ran place.

"Better take notes," you chuckled to yourself as you went back to typing on the device in front of you.

Every time the bells on the front door jingled, your eyes would dart over in instinct, but she was never the one to walk through the doors. Tables slowly filled up, you waited for her to show up, but she never did. Finally, there wasn't a table left. Not a single space open. You felt your heart hang a little lower, she never came today.

More people walked through the front door, then leaving due to no seats. She seriously wasn't- Fuck. . . spoke too soon. The graceful figure walked through the doors, many men, and some women, looked up and stared at her beauty. She glanced around, then her expression turned worried. There was no table. Her eyes scanned the area, and right before she looked over at you, you reverted your gaze back to your laptop, your heart was beating faster than usual. You stared at the same numbers for what felt like hours, then you heard a voice in the distance.

"Sorry ma'am, we don't have any open tables," the waitress apologized.

"Actually, I'm with him," she explained, while pointing towards you, obviously you didn't see it because you were too scared to look over.

"Oh, then just sit down, I will bring you a menu," the waitress said, her voice light and happy.

The women slowly walked over to you. You heard the footsteps slowly approaching, but your mind denied that she was gonna sit next to you.

"hey," her soft voice hummed. You looked up at her. "Mind if I sit here?"

"Sure," you say with a relatively friendly voice. Good job, you were keeping it together.

"Sorry, I just noticed that you were a regular here as well, so I decided to-" she stopped for a moment as she sat down, then with a little hand motion, she continued. "You know."

"Yeah, I understand," you chuckled with a slight smile. Be normal, act cool, totally fucking cool.

The waitress from earlier walked over and looked at the beautiful women.

"What would you like?" she asked politely, a vibrant smile on her face.

"Medium, dark roast, two shots of butter rum," she said.

"Any creamer?" the waitress pondered.

"No, thank you," she insured.

"Alright, I'll be back in a little bit," the waitress explained, the women nodded with a smile.

You looked up at her.

"Rum butter, and dark roast?" you inquired with a slight grin. "Good to know someone has a good taste in coffee."

The girl chuckled at your comment.

"And what do you have? Coffee expert," she taunted.

"One shot caramel, one shot lavender, medium roast. Gives it a sweet yet calming taste," you explain. She smiles at your answer.

"Well, good to know there are at least two people not ruining coffee with unhealthy amounts of sugar in the building," she said, rolling her eyes with a wild face. Then she smiles at you. "I'm Seraphine."

You smile back and introduce yourself.

The coffee arrives and she takes a sip, her eyes were closed as she smiled brightly. You look up and smile at her pretty features. She was so enchanting, it was scary. Your eyes go back to your work while your grin still remains.

"Whatcha doin?" Seraphine asked. You brought your eyes up again to meet hers and for a moment, you get lost. The bright blue complemented by her soft, light skin dazed you. You gather yourself, and look back down.

"Work," you explained, your cheeks on the verge of flushing like crazy.

Seraphine nodded her head, smiling as she stared into the dark liquid.

"What do you do?" she pushed further.

"I own a car dealership," you explain bluntly, then your cheeks turn red. "I mean, I do but, I don't wanna sound-"

"I know, I know," Seraphine giggled, waving her hand in a fanning motion.

"And you?" you ask, recovering and reverting from the topic.

Seraphine sighs.

Oh no.

"Its. . .something pretty pointless, I'm barely making any money, but I'm putting so much effort into it," she explained, her voice losing itself as she went on. You nodded your head, the person you had taken a liking to had been going through hard times, it almost hurt you, no, it did hurt you.

"Yeah," you said very plainly. You didn't know what to say, you weren't a therapist, then a thought struck you. "You know what, I don't really know what to tell you, and I'm not a therapist, but, I do have an ear on each side of my head, I can listen if you want to talk."

Wow. Just fucking spoke what you thought, well what I thought, but you get what I mean.

Seraphine smiled, then she shook her head.

"I don't wanna bother you," she said, a smile still touching her lips.

You were sad and relieved by this statement. You would later find out you should be relieved, because this girl starts and doesn't fucking stop.

"Its fine with me, I wouldn't suggest it if I didn't want to listen," you explain further.

"I know, and its appreciated," she hummed.

You were dying. A girl you had been fawning over starts a conversation with you and then goes on to somewhat open up. Not only that, she essentially praised you. Dude, your like, popular.

You sat there in a depressed, awkward silence for a little bit. Then Seraphine spoke up.

"Hey, give me your phone," Seraphine said with a smile. You stared, confused for a moment. Then you hand over your phone.

She smiled as she went through it. What was she doing? She got out her phone, then it went off, she placed your phone down and typed something into hers. She then gave your device back, you look down at it.

"Sera ;3" was the title of a new contact on your phone, you look up with wide eyes.

"Call me some time," she said, finishing her drink and standing up. She walked away with a little pep, then she turned around with a smile. "See you next Sunday."

She went out the door and vanished into the city's crowd. You were left with a dumbfounded face with wide eyes the whole time, then, three syllables repeated in your mind over and over.

Ho. Ly. Fuck.

You took your phone and stood up, what did you do next? You started jumping around the now empty coffee shop like a giddy little fuck as you held your phone. Once you had calmed down a little, you looked at your phone again.

"Sera, can I call her Sera now?" you asked yourself as you smiled wildly. Then you started jump around some more as the waitress smiled awkwardly at you from afar.