Trauma to My Soul

As the sister city of Gotham, Bludhaven was never truly quiet at night. Sirens and gunshots have sort of become a lullaby to the citizens of Bludhave. The last few years have been somewhat of an improvement with the Dark Knight's most successful protege and Graduate patrolling the streets. At least, now those who roam the streets at night had someone to look out for.

Now, as the night lightens ever so slightly, the said hero climbed through the window of his apartment, his masked face full of exhaustion. Tonight, he successfully stopped three robberies, two drug-dealing, five illegal smugglings, and a kitten stuck in a tree. Finally, the city was safe for the moment and Dick could at least catch a few hours of sleep before he had to start out again for his day job as a police officer.

He took a quick shower and placed his suit in its case and closed the entrance to the secret basement of his apartment where he kept all of his vigilante-related stuff. Dick kept his utility belt out and from it, he produced from one of its pockets, a small USB flash drive, and placed it in his computer.

A video popped up and started playing. By this time, Dick had watched the video about a hundred times now, but he just kept coming back to it, seeking comfort.

The clip was short, it showed a girl about 15 or 16 years of age with long jet-black hair wearing a faded orange t-shirt and shorts running across the video as fast as she could. In her hand was what looked like a stick and she was chased by a large dark shape.

Dick slowed the video down and took out a piece of paper and began jogging down his new findings. The clip replayed and the former Boy Wonder paused the video just as the girl in the picture came in focus. He zoomed into the girl's face and a sad grin crossed his features, his fingers traced the outline of the girl's face.

"I'll never give up looking for you, you know?" He muttered. "I made a mistake to you and I regret not fixing it in time. Now I don't even know where you are...or even what trouble you are in..."

He focused on the dark shape behind the girl with the orange shirt and for a moment, he thought he saw what looked like a giant pig with wings on its back, then he blinked and the image was gone.

Dick shooked his head. He should probably get some sleep. Before he retired to bed, Dick typed in a few codes, and the image of the girl was printed out along with her chaser. He put the picture and the piece of paper he was writing on a moment ago on a board filled with red lines and cut out newspapers. The large letters at the center of the board were hard to miss, with red circles and question marks lining it: 'Percy -> Captured?'

He stepped back and took one last look at it before sighing and walked away.

...

"Boss, here is the file that you asked for about last week's rise in tourism."

"Thank you, I'll make sure to look at it later."

"Miss, someone emailed in a request for an overnight staying at the aquarium from our website. Miss Chase asked for your suggestion, what should we do?"

"Uh, tell Wise Girl to hold it off, we currently do not have that kind of service. The fishes would only ask for a pay raise. I'll have a talk with the Co-chair myself to further discuss this."

"Boss, a group of tourists at the east wing of the building were having trouble with their guide, should I send out someone to work things out?"

Percy looked up from her file with a raised eyebrow. "Let me guess, was it Travis or his brother?"

Dila shooked her head. "No, Boss. Oddly enough, it's your cousin."

"Which one? There's currently two in the building, and by some miracle, this place hadn't collapsed yet..." She muttered the last part to herself.