Agents

Gotham was never a quiet or peaceful place at night. Usually, those who lurked in the dark would be careful of their action, for those that roamed above the buildings always had their eyes on them. But tonight is different, sirens and shoutings filled the air. A well-known museum downtown had been surrounded by police cars, fire trucks, and superheroes. Inside the grand building, on the first floor, a big group of 30 to 40 people sat with fear in the center of the room. Their eyes never leave the horrid creatures that surround them. Upon the stairs, a short man with a long nose laughed hysterically at his captive, he pointed his umbrella gun at one of the abductees while the man begged for mercy.

"Sire, are you sure it's a good idea to be working with these blocks? They don't look too friendly to me..." A gon whispered in his boss's ear. Penguin gave his man a look.

"What are you talking about? They are great helpers, we want the vigilantes gone and they want the agents gone, this is perfect!"

"But boss..."

"Enough!" Down the stairs, the creatures snorted in annoyance. One of them, a hideous lady with a donkey leg leaned her face closer to one of the victims and licked her lips in anticipation.

"Ssssoon, ssssoon." the empusa said with greed. A grunt interrupted her and she turned.

Standing over the group of mortals was a gigantic monster with a bull for a head, carrying a large, double-bladed ax.

"Appologiesssss, general." the other surrounding empusai hissed in annoyance and the General Minotaur gave them all a glare, silencing them.

Around the corner of the room, a band of heroes clad in all sorts of colors was keeping a close watch on the villain in the stairs. The one in lead, a young man dressed in all black with a bluebird symbol on his chest looked up towards the ceiling of the building, where a squad of black figures hides. He reached up to touch the com in his ear.

"Agent Owl, are your men ready to move?" He asked in a low voice. The intel came back not a second later.

"We're ready." A feminine voice answered.

Without another word, a red and yellow blur rushed out of the heroes' hiding place, he zipped around the grand hall, knocking out as many gons as he could. The bluebird young man leaped out from his hiding spot with his friends and they charged towards the armed men up the stairs.

"Bat-brats and sidekicks..." Snarled the Penguin. "Get them!" The gons aimed their guns at the heroes.

A boy, about 15 years of age with a blackbird in the middle of his red suit, quickly pulled out a bat-shaped boomerang and threw it at the gons, knocking the weapon out of their hands.

"Nice work, Red Robin!"

Behind them, the monsters roared in anger as the glass dome above shattered and the black figures dropped down.

"Celestials, move out!" A feminine voice commanded as six well-armed people landed in perfect formation. They moved out as a team, each had a different weapon in hand but they all shared the same strangeness; like the weapons were all bronze in metal and had a faint glow to it. The wielders are strange too, not only do they all clad in black but they also had strange symbols strapped across their chest: some had the symbol of a lyre, some had a dove, the one in lead had an owl strapped across her chest. Their bottom half of their faces were covered, leaving only their unique colored eyes, with the rest of their face covered the pupils seemed to be glowing.

"You..." A donkey-legged lady hissed, her claws extending ready for battle.

One of the girls sniffed in disgust. "Eh, have they ever had a manicure before? Seriously, those are nasty!"